Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Left Field's new brewhouse

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

midlife crisis wrote:
mistermurphy wrote:
midlife crisis wrote: Thanks for your comments Mark.

Cambridge? The article says you currently produce at Barley Days. The Globe needs to spend a bit more on fact checkers, I have a feeling.
We launched in april 2013 by brewing out of Grand River. Early in 2014 we needed to increase capacity but GR didn't have the room, so we started brewing out of Barley Days as well.

Eephus is brewed at Grand River, Barley Days brews everything else.

There are so many details to our story that it's a bit like broken telephone at times as the reporter transcribes info and then it goes through rounds of revisions, edits, etc.
Thanks for the clarification. I really enjoy Eephus; hard water and all, it's one of my favourite Ontario beers. Then again, I quite like most of GR's lineup too, so maybe it's no coincidence. Looking forward to trying it from your new facility.
Grand River's consistency and quality are what attracted us to them as a host brewery. Hard water and all...

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

Belgian wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:Leslieville instead of Beaches? If it's east of the DVP it's pretty much beaches to me... ;)
Funny and yet sadly true!

People are used to thinking of Beaches/Leslieville and areas adjacent as sort of connected - 'Steps to lake, Queen St. amenities bla bla bla.' Yes how very many steps... Gerr/Greenwood is not a bad area at all.
East of the DVP is considered Scarborough to some West-enders :)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mistermurphy wrote:East of the DVP is considered Scarborough to some West-enders :)
I know people here that in a year never go to Roncesvalles, Parkdale, St Ciair or Runnymede. Their loss too. This city has so much to offer. Unbelievable 'hidden' nature and some great-looking urban areas, all pretty close.
^ Bluffers Park overlooking Cathedral Bluffs beach system and marina. 10 minutes away. Work is ten minutes the other way (Corktown.)
In Beerum Veritas