Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Belgium in a Box, Etre Gourmet, etc...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kekumba

Belgium in a Box, Etre Gourmet, etc...

Post by Kekumba »

Curious if anyone here has experience ordering from these types of sites. I know Americans have a pretty good success rate with customs and what not, but I've read literally nothing from Canadians. I mostly want glassware at the moment, but I'd like to slip a few bottles in as well.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

From everything I have heard, it is not worth the risk. The usually catch and and always "destroy the contents" ...

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Did BIAB and Etre about a half dozen times total. About a 67% success rate. 4 I got were fantastic, but probably pissed away ~$500 on the two that didn't make it through.

YMMV.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Better idea to ship these to the US?
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

sprague11 wrote:Better idea to ship these to the US?
No question about it. Still not guaranteed to have the box make it to you, but your chances are significantly better. If you have a US address that you can use, I would recommend it.