Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days makes Maclean's

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Cask Days makes Maclean's

Post by midlife crisis »

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

"In snubbing local kegs, however, British traditionalists may have thrown out the baby with the bad lager..."

Brilliant.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I've always felt what is special about Cask Days is that it provided access to cask beers I might not be able to get, it created interest in these beers and it encouraged a whole bunch of creativity from brewers all over the place.

The whole CAMRA fundamentalism has never interested me and I'm glad that it really has nothing to do with Cask Days. I've always championed more choice, not less.

Also, drinking with women around is always more enjoyable. You don't have to listen to a bunch of guys prattle on about SciFi, Dungeons and Dragons and Prog Rock. :roll:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

My brain is so befuddled every time I read this because I associate "Maclean's" with Maclean's Ales... I keep trying to reword it as "Maclean's makes Cask Days" or something about how a festival is making a brewery...

Then I remember there are things that are not breweries...
:roll:

Seriously, though, great to see wider coverage.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

groulxsome wrote:My brain is so befuddled every time I read this because I associate "Maclean's" with Maclean's Ales... I keep trying to reword it as "Maclean's makes Cask Days" or something about how a festival is making a brewery...

Then I remember there are things that are not breweries...
:roll:

Seriously, though, great to see wider coverage.
Me too - I kept thinking, well, duh - McLean's is awesome on cask, no reason why it shouldn't be there...yeah not all things are breweries...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John