Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dupont bon veoux

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Dupont bon veoux

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Has anyone cracked into one of these yet? I bought two bottles(one for Xmas dinner one for miscellaneous). Wondering if it's worth my time and $ to drive up to waterloo and grab another before they're gone

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Cracked one a week ago. Totally worth it. The bottle's a showstopper, and the beer's top notch. There are better beers at the lobo right now, but in the absence of other special event beers like Deus, I think this is a great choice for a xmas dinner.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Bobsy wrote:Cracked one a week ago. Totally worth it. The bottle's a showstopper, and the beer's top notch. There are better beers at the lobo right now, but in the absence of other special event beers like Deus, I think this is a great choice for a xmas dinner.
Bought one for New Year's Eve. Deus was New Year's Eve last year. Looks like I made a wise choice!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

So, wht type of beer is it then?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Well....looks like I may have to try and snag another bottle then.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerguykw wrote:So, wht type of beer is it then?
I looked at The Google. As I thought, Dupont avec bon voeux is a farmhouse ale variant like the Saison Dupont Vieille Provision, but three per cent higher ABV, closer to a tripel than a farmhand thirst quencher. It should present as bigger, longer-ripened & bottle fermented beer that has the added benefit of 'dry hopping.' They say it will cellar very well but that is a lie, since you can taste hops in it (< LOL, JK.)

Actually this makes me want to age a few extra, it's a steal of a deal. Sorry hops.
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

there a best before stamped on these bottles? I know it can cellar for a while, just curious

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:there a best before stamped on these bottles? I know it can cellar for a while, just curious
08 2019