Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Double Trouble Brewing Coming....

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lecocq

Double Trouble Brewing Coming....

Post by Lecocq »

Just saw this posted on North American Craft's Facebook page:

We have registered: Double Trouble Brewing Co. and have TM our brand Hops and Robbers. We will be entering the Self Serve Beer Stores in the next 4 months with our 6 pack. We are also applying for our tall boy can at the Lcbo. Cheers!

Haven't heard much about this before. Any new craft at TBS is a good thing though!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Interesting. So they have started up their own brewery now to get in on the action?

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Got my paws on a can of this stuff. It was delicious! Can't wait to see it 'officially' released and readily available!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Interesting. So they have started up their own brewery now to get in on the action?
most likely contracted somewhere

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Interesting. So they have started up their own brewery now to get in on the action?
most likely contracted somewhere
Brewed at Wellington by Paul Dickey, I believe.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

sampled it tonight at smokeless joe - really smooth beer...very sessionable...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:sampled it tonight at smokeless joe - really smooth beer...very sessionable...
Hops & Robbers? I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ... any other details worth mentioning?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:sampled it tonight at smokeless joe - really smooth beer...very sessionable...
Hops & Robbers? I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ... any other details worth mentioning?
That's because it's not really an IPA - not IMO, anyway - from the list that colin had it was 5.3%, more like a very quaffable pale ale -

Very golden - nice dry hopped aroma - the hops tasted crisp and refreshing - almost like saaz or something you'd find in a pilsner. Not an IPA, IMO, as I said, but pretty good pale ale.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
That's because it's not really an IPA - not IMO, anyway - from the list that colin had it was 5.3%, more like a very quaffable pale ale -

Very golden - nice dry hopped aroma - the hops tasted crisp and refreshing - almost like saaz or something you'd find in a pilsner. Not an IPA, IMO, as I said, but pretty good pale ale.
Your comments have certainly tempered most of the excitement that I had for this release. Thanks for the extra info.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Hops & Robbers? I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ... any other details worth mentioning?

Your comments have certainly tempered most of the excitement that I had for this release. Thanks for the extra info.
Sorry to disappoint - for those looking for a big hoppy IPA, this isn't exactly it...

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

I'm still interested in trying this. Hopefully it is going to be readily available everywhere and not the usual LCBO/TBS's that get all the good stuff!!

Flood

Post by Flood »

Will be on tap at Gambrinus soon! Stay tuned!
beer up

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ...
I once shared a delightfully bitter and resiny IPA with a classmate who said "It tastes like poison!!!" :)

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JerCraigs wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ...
I once shared a delightfully bitter and resiny IPA with a classmate who said "It tastes like poison!!!" :)
That's what I want to taste! Poison! 8)

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I had a pint at C'est What last night and was pleasantly surprised, after being told it's a "mild IPA". Very drinkable and hops are present, though not as much on the finish. And yes, it is being brewed at Wellington by Paul Dickey.
I kind of like the way these new brews\brewerys are popping up, whether it's a contract brewer or a new brewing facility.