Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams Noble Pils

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Sam Adams Noble Pils

Post by matt7215 »

anyone know if we are getting this one back in this spring??

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

From what I understand, the Noble Pils was moved to the SA Brewmasters Collection and will be available year round, in the States. Alpine Spring becomes the new spring seasonal and is available now as part of a mixer 12 with 6 brands, in the States. I would think this is the one we will or might see here.

I heading down this weekend so I'm looking to pick some up, let you know.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Looks like Alpine Spring is it. No Noble Pils to be seen. Alpine was on tap at Applebees and 12's in Wegmans and in the 12 mixer along with Mighty Oak Ale and Whitewater IPA amongst others. Its fruity, unfiltered and quite drinkable.

Sidebar: DFH 90 was 4 for $10.99 :P

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

i'll miss the noble pils if thats the case; one of those beers where the belch is just as satisfying as the beer itself.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I just saw on the LCBO system that Sam Adams Spring Lager is listed as a new item. I am assuming that it is the Alpine Spring and not the Noble Pils. So thats good news, but its a shame that Noble isnt coming back.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

PeenSteen wrote:I just saw on the LCBO system that Sam Adams Spring Lager is listed as a new item. I am assuming that it is the Alpine Spring and not the Noble Pils. So thats good news, but its a shame that Noble isnt coming back.
agreed, now that Sam Adams is making it year round it be nice to have as a general list item at the LCBO

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

I had the Alpine Spring on draft last week in Florida. It was okay, but nothing special. Reminded me more of a Wit than anything.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

elproducto wrote:I had the Alpine Spring on draft last week in Florida. It was okay, but nothing special. Reminded me more of a Wit than anything.
yeah the reviews ive read have been less then inspiring, thats why im still holding out hope that the Noble Pils will return

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

matt7215 wrote:
elproducto wrote:I had the Alpine Spring on draft last week in Florida. It was okay, but nothing special. Reminded me more of a Wit than anything.
yeah the reviews ive read have been less then inspiring, thats why im still holding out hope that the Noble Pils will return
It looks like the Noble Pils has or will reappear in the States by itself and as part of the Summer Styles variety 12 pack. Also in the pack:

East-West Kolsch
Belgian Session
Boston Lager (of course)
Summer Ale
Cherry Wheat

Probably not your first choice if you are down there but at $12-$13 for 12 not bad to bring back as an extra even if you have to pay $5 in duty.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Had the Sam Adams "Spring Lager" on tap at the Ship tonight. I'm guessing it's the Alpine Spring, not sure why they would drop the "Alpine" though. Very unfiltered, lots of yeast character. It was a great quaff after a back-breaking week at work - but I'll miss the Noble Pils. I would certainly get this again. Went great with my fish!

Apparently in stores as well http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=286625
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Cale wrote:Had the Sam Adams "Spring Lager" on tap at the Ship tonight. I'm guessing it's the Alpine Spring, not sure why they would drop the "Alpine" though. Very unfiltered, lots of yeast character. It was a great quaff after a back-breaking week at work - but I'll miss the Noble Pils. I would certainly get this again. Went great with my fish!

Apparently in stores as well http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=286625
ive been watching that one for a while, ill buy a sixer the firsttime i see it

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Surprised that nobody seems to care about this one. I find it to be a pretty decent and refreshing Kellerbier with a tasty Noble and floral hop character and drying, slightly citric finish. It's not as good as the Creemore and Trois Mousquetaires renditions but I'd say it's comparable to the draught version of Hacker Pschorr 1417 (i.e. well balanced). Worth a try at least.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott