Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Spring Release???

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beanmedic

Post by beanmedic »

northyorksammy wrote:nothing there too exciting
They are exciting to me because I have not yet tried them. :D

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Hopefully the LCBO will want to carry all the steelback products as well. I know Steelback doesn't have singles, but on occasion, the LCBO carries six packs, and I am hoping to see the full line of Steelback products there in the spring. Nothhing goes down as easy as a tango on a cool spring day.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

F off, steelbackguy. Nobody's fooled by you. No wonder your products are so bad - clearly you guys are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Cask

Post by Cask »

Does anyone know if the Goudenband is just being pushed back, or whether we're missing out altogether? Count me in as one of the Flemish sour fans ... I guess Rodenbach then Goudenband was too good to be true.

Liefmans: it is what Steelback isn't.

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

A wrote:F off, steelbackguy. Nobody's fooled by you. No wonder your products are so bad - clearly you guys are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
A, you pretty much said what I wanted to.

steelback guy, you seem like a nice enough guy so I don't want to give you shit, but this really is the wrong tree to bark up about steelback. especially in a totally unrelated thread.

if all you want to do is promote steelback then you can do what A told you to do. if you are actually into good beer by all means welcome to the forum and enjoy it. this is a great place to learn about beer and get to know other beer lovers in ontario, I know I have.

and just to let you know, we have pretty much all tried steelback and all think it's ass. if anyone disagrees we should probably start a new thread

kp

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Looking at Steelback Guys email in his profile I looks like he is Mr Manning from ratebeer.

Thus I expect he's either:
a) joking
or
b) an imposter and should be nuked off the board.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Aw, no fun. Now we gotta get the REAL steelback guys on here......

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

Three bieres de gardes, two blonde and one ginger-flavored? What does J mean, I wonder, Jenlain?

Where are the amber and other dark gardes that are the origin of the style (Trois Monts apart)?

Rather odd-sounding, to my ears..

Gary

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Either way Steelbackguy is a forum toad who's stirring the pot to get a reaction (which he has). I don't care whether he works for the brewery or not...his posts are pointless and should just be ignored...unless he actually wants to stay on topic and post something useful and worthy of discussion.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

[quote="old faithful"]Three bieres de gardes, two blonde and one ginger-flavored? What does J mean, I wonder, Jenlain?

Where are the amber and other dark gardes that are the origin of the style (Trois Monts apart)?

Rather odd-sounding, to my ears..
/quote]

I believe its Jenlain. look for some funky aluminum bottles. Rubaiyat was teasing us with these at the gourmet food and wine show. I think there might be more on the list that may show up at Smokeless if not the LCBO.

The ginger intrigues me but worries me at the same time.

propeller

Post by propeller »

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Propeller Extra Special Bitter has been selected for the LCBO's Autumn Ales promotion. We will shipping in 650 ML Bottles.

I haven't heard the other ales that were chosen but we are very pleased to be back in Ontario if only for a little while..

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

propeller wrote:Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Propeller Extra Special Bitter has been selected for the LCBO's Autumn Ales promotion. We will shipping in 650 ML Bottles.

I haven't heard the other ales that were chosen but we are very pleased to be back in Ontario if only for a little while..
sounds of lip smakin' in pavlovian anticipation of a Propeller ESB infusion

That's 6 months away :cry:
Aventinus rules!

mustang3

Post by mustang3 »

I have a bottle of Propellor London Porter, Mwhahahahah. Sounds like there may be a tasting in early Aptil where this could be shared for those needing a Propellor fix....as long as my exam schedule cooperates.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cass wrote:here's the spring release from the LCBO today:

1. La Choulette Blonde 330 ml
2. St. Louis Gueuze Lambic 375 ml
3. Mort Subite Gueuze Lambic 375 ml
4. J Biere de Garde Blonde au Gingembre 330 ml
5. Trafalgar Bock 650 ml

Now from the previous post Goudenband isn't here and replaced with Trafalgar bock.
Is it a spring or a flop... Two so-so Gueuze lambics, one less-than-gorgeous Blonde, and we're now missing one very interesting Flemish Sour? The Gingembre better be something pretty darn special or i'll, i'll, i'll WRITE A LETTER I tell you!!!!

(This has been a truly Canadian moment.)
In Beerum Veritas

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

spring release for April through May?