Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring 2012 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

JeffPorter wrote:
saints_gambit wrote:
Publican wrote:I rang the LCBO infoline yesterday and the person I talked to didn't know when the Jaipur IPA is going to be released. He said I should talk to the importer. This beer better come out soon :x
If it doesn't we should have a plan B. I think what we want to do is send Len to their front desk as a distraction and then send alpha team, consisting of Cratez, Belgian and PubStyle up their left flank in a pincer movement with gamma team, consisting solely of Tapsucker. It's a small team, but of course he'll have the heavy ordinance. Beer helmets on, everyone.

We'll make them pay for slightly inconveniencing us, alright.
Can I be on some Beta team, where it's just me drunkingly hurling empty Zywiec bottles at the cooper street warehouse?
I'm pretty sure JesseM leads that team
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

saints_gambit wrote: If it doesn't we should have a plan B. I think what we want to do is send Len to their front desk as a distraction and then send alpha team, consisting of Cratez, Belgian and PubStyle up their left flank in a pincer movement with gamma team, consisting solely of Tapsucker. It's a small team, but of course he'll have the heavy ordinance. Beer helmets on, everyone.

We'll make them pay for slightly inconveniencing us, alright.
Ocean's Drunken 11

AlbumsandAles

Post by AlbumsandAles »

Any word on Mikkeller Frelser Triple Bock?
I hope it isn't a no show.
Buy records. Eat pizza. Drink beer. Die.

Publican

Post by Publican »

I was talking with the LCBO again today and they said Thornbridge Jaipur IPA was still in lab tests and label approval and may not be released for a couple of weeks. I asked how long it's been in Ontario and they responded a couple of weeks.

I sent a e-mail to Thornbridge brewery to ask how long Jaipur stays in good condition. If they get back to me I'll post thier reply here.

On a related note, The US importer of Thornbridge Brewery ales ( B. United Int'l) has imported firkins of Jaipur, Kipling, Raven Black IPA and St. Petersburg Imperial Stout as well as keg versions of these ales. They arrived in th US yesterday ( March 26) Rudy, if you hear of any of these firkins or kegs showing up at any of Buffalo's good bars please let us know

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Frelser is in the warehouse and should be in stores soon!

Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Publican

Post by Publican »

Thornbridge Brewery got back to me and said that they put 8 months on all of thier beers but obviously the fresher the better but are sure it will be in fine form when it's released. They do not put bottled on dates on thier beers. Thornbridge are hoping this release sells well and could send kegs in the future.

If that happens I'd like to buy a keg from the agent as I can imagine a pint of Thornbridge ale would be quite expensive at any of Toronto's good beer pubs. They have ruled out sending cask to Canada.
Why is the only English brewery we can get cask from is Fullers? It's too bad we can't get smaller English breweries cask ale when the US can. As we are part of the British Commonwealth it would be nice but I guess it's because we have the LCBO and in the US they have a freeer market.

Surpised that Thornbridge sell keg in the UK as they also have cask and bottle conditioned ale.

I got replys from both Simon Webster, the Chief Operating Officer and Alex Buchanon the Marketing manager.

If the Jaipur is in good nick I'd like to send my opinions of it to the brewer.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Publican wrote:
If that happens I'd like to buy a keg from the agent as I can imagine a pint of Thornbridge ale would be quite expensive at any of Toronto's good beer pubs.
That is some interesting logic. 8)

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Not really part of the release, I know, but just read that Muskoka has shipped out Spring Oddity and the Mad Tom cans...

Hopefully next week we'll see them?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

JeffPorter wrote:Not really part of the release, I know, but just read that Muskoka has shipped out Spring Oddity and the Mad Tom cans...

Hopefully next week we'll see them?

Interesting ingredients on the Oddity, fitting its label. It sounds like it will be a Belgian pale with a twist and a pretty hefty 8% zing. Looking forward to trying something new from the wonderful Mad Tom brewer.

Publican

Post by Publican »

Just checked the LCBO website and Jaipur is listed but there is no botles anywhere just yet. Still a good sign :D

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Publican wrote:Just checked the LCBO website and Jaipur is listed but there is no botles anywhere just yet. Still a good sign :D
Awesome! On a somewhat similar note, TBS, of all people, already have a listing for Spring Oddity!

Edit: 4.55/bottle!!! Is the stuff that good???
Last edited by JeffPorter on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Publican wrote:Just checked the LCBO website and Jaipur is listed but there is no botles anywhere just yet. Still a good sign :D
Mikkeller is also listed. As well as showing a price of $12.20, rather than the originally given price of $13.50. Looking forward to finally trying these two.

Publican

Post by Publican »

JeffPorter wrote:
Awesome! On a somewhat similar note, TBS, of all people, already have a listing for Spring Oddity!

Edit: 4.55/bottle!!! Is the stuff that good???
I checked a UK beer delivery service and it costs 2.50 pound which is $3.96 CDN but then there is a 5.99 pound delvery charge. I did see a You Tube review of it by Mrs. Real Ale Guide (Mel Martin) who bought it at Waitrose so any Bartoweler that is going to the UK would be able to pick it up slightly cheaper than we are getting it . Mel and her husband Simon ( Mr. Real Ale Guide) review beers on You Tube.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

We've had Jaipur, Kipling & St Petersburg in Alberta for a while now, and all we tasting good. Kipling is a wonderful Nelson Sauv hop ale.

Jaipur & Kipling are around $6.99, and the St Pete is $7.99.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Wow an amazingly helpful page - hellolcbo.com
So how many of this Release are you guys loving and drinking more of?

I stopped buying the amazing DV Lupulu$ because it's addictive, and I keep buying the Eggenberg Doppelbock because it rocks and it's cheap.
In Beerum Veritas