Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mr. Alexander Keiths Original Cider

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Guybrush

Mr. Alexander Keiths Original Cider

Post by Guybrush »

Any of you hop-heads drink cider?

Saw this at the LCBO in single cans, and 6-pack bottles. Haven't cracked the can I bought, yet. This one is so new it's not on ratebeer, nor their own website. Their own Facebook page doesn't even mention it.

5.5% alc./vol. Has things like sucrose, malic acid, and flavour listed in the ingredients. Weird, whenever I make cider at home i don't add flavour, i just assume it's in there already. Maybe I've been making it wrong?

And on their fine-print on the side of the can, you can read it's imported from St. Louis, packaged in New York, but to contact them they put the keiths.ca website. That's crazy, I always thought Halifax was in Nova Scotia, not St. Louis?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

im buying this today!!

nothing like terrible adjunt, chemical cider

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

my rb review:

473ml can from the LCBO. light yellow, clear, tons-o-carbonation. rotting garbage chemical cider. exactly what you think it is. gross.

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Ya I found it to pretty much tasted how you did. Did you find it was really sweet? Must be all that sucrose they add. The LCBO says it has a sugar level of 6 for cans, and 5 for bottles. Oh LCBO, when will you get things straight?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Is there hope that they'll release the original IPA?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

They'd screw it up royally.

The cider is an example of shit still being shit no matter how much sugar you put in it.