Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Orval/Saison Dupont/Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zachariaIPA

Orval/Saison Dupont/Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René

Post by zachariaIPA »

Does anyone know if these will ever (or are in-planning to) come back to the LCBO? I fantasize about them daily.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Talk to Peter at Esprit, I believe he is the importer for all 3
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

me too. every time someone I know goes to Montreal, I have them bring me back some orval. Saison Dupont, alas, isn't there...

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

zachariaIPA wrote:Does anyone know if these will ever (or are in-planning to) come back to the LCBO? I fantasize about them daily.
Peter has the Curvee Rene right now. I saw some of it in his van on the weekend when I picked up the westy 12.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

zachariaIPA wrote:Does anyone know if these will ever (or are in-planning to) come back to the LCBO? I fantasize about them daily.
Roland + Russell represents Brasserie Dupont in Ontario and a fairly complex project is well underway to bring to LCBO shelves several of their beers including Saison Dupont. Our strategy is to include the dry hopped version too.

We hope to be able to share further details with this community in about four weeks or so.

Regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

zachariaIPA

Post by zachariaIPA »

You are a king, amongst men.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Roland + Russell wrote:
Roland + Russell represents Brasserie Dupont in Ontario and a fairly complex project is well underway to bring to LCBO shelves several of their beers including Saison Dupont. Our strategy is to include the dry hopped version too.

We hope to be able to share further details with this community in about four weeks or so.

Regards,
Brasserie Dupont brewery feature?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Roland + Russell wrote:

Regards,
odd that its currently availible from esprit right now and also being rep'd by R+R

however it happens Dupont on the LCBO shelves would be a beer dream come true for me

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Roland + Russell wrote:Roland + Russell represents Brasserie Dupont in Ontario and a fairly complex project is well underway to bring to LCBO shelves several of their beers including Saison Dupont. Our strategy is to include the dry hopped version too.
Nice strategy! It makes me think of the great Schneider's Wiesen Edel-Weisse and the Hopfen-Weisse - each with its own special hop signature.

Saison Dupont is a no-brainer. The 750mls seem to have a certain kick - plus they look cool.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

matt7215 wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:

Regards,
odd that its currently availible from esprit right now and also being rep'd by R+R

however it happens Dupont on the LCBO shelves would be a beer dream come true for me
when I was out west, I was told that there's a huge focus to put sales teams in Ontario to get Belgium beer on our shelves.

i didn't have many details, but it was from a good source, so who knows. no idea how great the scope will be, but i have it under good authority that one of the breweries that will be represented may make us all weep with joy.

there also (apparently) was some shifty stuff happening behind the scenes. it has NOTHING to do with Rolland and Russel, just to be clear, but there was a rumour that some wholesalers are poaching breweries from other local wholesalers in order to pitch them to the LCBO.

things might get interesting come summertime.
Last edited by atomeyes on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:Roland + Russell represents Brasserie Dupont in Ontario and a fairly complex project is well underway to bring to LCBO shelves several of their beers including Saison Dupont. Our strategy is to include the dry hopped version too.
Nice strategy! It makes me think of the great Schneider's Wiesen Edel-Weisse and the Hopfen-Weisse - each with its own special hop signature.

Saison Dupont is a no-brainer. The 750mls seem to have a certain kick - plus they look cool.
i first tried saison dupont when in Brugges. was very unimpressed. it was likely due to it being a newer bottle.
re-visited it a month ago. the bottles at Beer Bistro are likely relatively aged. there was a nice funk to it that my Brugges taste didn't have.

so there is an advantage of living across the ocean and having the LCBO beaurocracy! you get bottle-conditioned beer at its finest!

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

Whoever brings Saison Dupont to the lcbo wins my undying adoration, and a whole sh*twhack of my money.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

BrausBackinTown wrote:Whoever brings Saison Dupont to the lcbo wins my undying adoration, and a whole sh*twhack of my money.
+1!

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

atomeyes wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote: Roland + Russell represents Brasserie Dupont in Ontario and a fairly complex project is well underway to bring to LCBO shelves several of their beers including Saison Dupont. Our strategy is to include the dry hopped version too.

Regards,

when I was out west, I was told that there's a huge focus to put sales teams in Ontario to get Belgium beer on our shelves.

i didn't have many details, but it was from a good source, so who knows. no idea how great the scope will be, but i have it under good authority that one of the breweries that will be represented may make us all weep with joy.

there also (apparently) was some shifty stuff happening behind the scenes. it has something to do with Rolland and Russel, just to be clear, but there was a rumour that some wholesalers are poaching breweries from other local wholesalers in order to pitch them to the LCBO.

things might get interesting come summertime.
If a brewery is represented by distributor A and feels they aren't doing a good job, and distributor B comes along and offers them a chance at better representation, why would that be considered poaching? If the brewery was happy with distributor A, they would choose not to switch. That just sounds like competition to me. Businesses exist to make profit for their owners. When businesses don't make profit, they don't exist for very long.

Speaking hypothetically, of course.