Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Wild Rose IPA (draught)
Alley Kat Black Dragon Warrior Hop DIPA - no aroma whatsoever from the hops, and the bitterness was to out of balance for me. It just stripped my taste buds and that's all I got. I guess Warrior hops don't make a good single hop DIPA?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Couple Pints of Hoegaarden at WEGZ last night, celebrating the forced retirement of a couple guys from the office.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Doppel-Hirsch and the Schloss Eggenberg Doppelbock Dunkel, to compare them.

Doppelbock, and bock for that matter, are styles I rarely essay, partly due to a relative lack of suitable examples, partly to being enured to the predominant Anglo-American styles especially (for dark beers) porter and stout.

However, seeing these products on the shelves, and noticing they are within 3 months from bottling (give or take), I thought I would try them. In the past, I've been disappointed with bocks and double bocks 6 months old or more, I've encountered these often in the States and there is (to me) always a characteristic staleness to them that turns me off.

Not these two from LCBO, they are fresh-tasting and first-class products. The Schloss is a bit sweeter but both share that typical coffee/dry molasses taste good bock has. Celebrator has always been my favourite but these two are as good I'd say, with a little more emphasis on the coffee notes.

Great beer style, deservedly famous, and potent!

Gary
Gary Gillman

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Westmalle Tripel (to unlock the Trappist badge on untapped) on side note. Anyone using an iPhone or iPod on here? Just recently under every post where the PM button usually is there's been Derek's profile picture. At least on my iPod.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Drinking a deviant dales ipa. canned 03/16/12. nice copper color with long last head. Funky earthy hop nose with slight pine notes. funky earth and toffee notes and mild bitterness. Interesting brew.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Westmalle Tripel (to unlock the Trappist badge on untapped) on side note. Anyone using an iPhone or iPod on here? Just recently under every post where the PM button usually is there's been Derek's profile picture. At least on my iPod.
It's a new app where every PM has to at least mention Derek in some way... :)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

JeffPorter wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:Westmalle Tripel (to unlock the Trappist badge on untapped) on side note. Anyone using an iPhone or iPod on here? Just recently under every post where the PM button usually is there's been Derek's profile picture. At least on my iPod.
It's a new app where every PM has to at least mention Derek in some way... :)
YOU'VE UNLOCKED THE iDEREK APP! You're now a true beer GEEK!

Kidding of course... that's whacked.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Abbaye Des Rocs Grand Cru
St. Feuillien Grand Cru

-- at the Only!
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at home:

Anchor Liberty Ale
Muskoka Mad Tom IPA
Southern Tier Un*Earthly
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Mad Tom, probably less than a month old and dammit I'm proud of this Ontario-made West Coast IPA.
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Listening to the Blue Jays season opener and sipping on Muskoka Cream, King Dark Lager, Crazy Canuck and Mad Tom. Nice afternoon. 8)

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Mill St. Original Organic. Next up Nickel brook Organic Lager. Then I've got some Mad Tom's chilling for tonight.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Nugget Nectar.

Huge thanks to Electroluminescent!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

@ Gambrinus
Enjoying the legend while it lasts
Cheshire Valley Robust Porter +++++
Smashbomb - fresh and Ex

Thank you Milos!!!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

A buddy's homebrew RIS, very nice, and now a Nickelbrook Headstock, saw it at the LCBO today.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/