Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring 2012 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

probstk wrote:
munrets wrote:
Not really part of the release, I know, but just read that Muskoka has shipped out Spring Oddity and the Mad Tom cans...

Hopefully next week we'll see them?
Haven't heard much more about Spring Oddity 'round here but I did pick some up just now at TBS on Queens Quay.

May try some tonight but still sprucing up after last night at Castro's.
I can't find Spring Oddity through the website...anyone have the item number?
It's in the Beer Store system
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/muskoka-spring-oddity
but not the LCBO.

I hope that it's just starting to be delivered, otherwise the distribution looks spotty. :(
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

I picked some up on the way home from work yesterday at Laird and Eglinton lcbo, despite it not showing up on the lcbo website. Also, there wasn't that much out either, and they said "very limited quantities." appears to be a get it while you can crapshoot. I quite liked it though, a nice mix of a belgian strong pale and woodsy canadiana.

probstk

Post by probstk »

BrausBackinTown wrote:I picked some up on the way home from work yesterday at Laird and Eglinton lcbo, despite it not showing up on the lcbo website. Also, there wasn't that much out either, and they said "very limited quantities." appears to be a get it while you can crapshoot. I quite liked it though, a nice mix of a belgian strong pale and woodsy canadiana.
I inquired at the Bank and Walkley location here in Ottawa yesterday. The item number is 290973.

The beer is on the shelves and has an inventory number, yet doesn't show up anywhere in the inventory system. Gotta love the LIK-BO.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Jonah Hex wrote:
It's in the Beer Store system
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/muskoka-spring-oddity
but not the LCBO.

I hope that it's just starting to be delivered, otherwise the distribution looks spotty. :(
Got to love the LCBO's inventory system.. Thanks for posting this I would not have thought to check TBS. There's a store in Whitby. Hopefully they'll have a couple bottles left.

TJ

Post by TJ »

TheBeeraholic wrote: There's a store in Whitby. Hopefully they'll have a couple bottles left.
All three LCBOs in Whitby are showing inventory, if you can believe it. A real oddity indeed for a beer they tweeted was available in very limited quantities.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TJ wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote: There's a store in Whitby. Hopefully they'll have a couple bottles left.
All three LCBOs in Whitby are showing inventory, if you can believe it. A real oddity indeed for a beer they tweeted was available in very limited quantities.
"only" in 106 LCBO's so far

Streets

Post by Streets »

matt7215 wrote:
TJ wrote:
And evidently it's already legendary!

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

matt7215 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Murphy's Law in full effect. :)

It figures, 1 day after I post that there's none, then it shows up in the LCBO system
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=290973
with far better distribution than the Beer Store. Well, at least it's here, now.
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Streets wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
TJ wrote: All three LCBOs in Whitby are showing inventory, if you can believe it. A real oddity indeed for a beer they tweeted was available in very limited quantities.
And evidently it's already legendary!
up to 179 LCBO outlets

taste the rare

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone from the ottawa area ever see the Panil or the Celt in a nearby lcbo?

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

spinrsx wrote:anyone from the ottawa area ever see the Panil or the Celt in a nearby lcbo?
Nope. I was watching the Panil distribution closely and it got as far as Kingston.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:anyone from the ottawa area ever see the Panil or the Celt in a nearby lcbo?
I saw the Celt at Hunt Club & Merivale. It is no longer there, however. As for the Panil, none to be seen in Ottawa.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

I could have sworn I saw some Panil at either Innis or Ogilvie, or both, weeks ago.

probstk

Post by probstk »

rejtable wrote:
I could have sworn I saw some Panil at either Innis or Ogilvie, or both, weeks ago.
Yeah, one case popped up at Richmond & Kirkwood around the middle of April. And then VANISHED!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

sooo, that's it then? No panil for us?

It's not like Ottawa is some small town.. shouldn't we get at least a few bottles of every release?
Zuma wrote:
Nope. I was watching the Panil distribution closely and it got as far as Kingston.