Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2012 summer release speculation

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

cratez wrote:By this time last year, we knew what was coming. Wonder what the hold up is this year?
Unionists :P They always slow stuff up. </sarcasm>
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

heebes

Post by heebes »

jprime wrote:One thing is true about this release. It will save me lots of money this sumer. Not saying that there not good, just not my cup of tea.
second this

MasterChiefP

Post by MasterChiefP »

Anyone know what is going on with the Punk IPA? I see the LCBO listing that was out there is discontinued. I'm more surprised to see one store is actually showing inventory!! Could that just be a private order? I'm really looking forward to this beer in the summer release.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

The Punk IPA was part oflast years release, so that would be why it's in the inventory and now discontinued. The stock that is showing is probably phantom stock.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Has the Mikeller Frelser been and gone already? Or not yet distributed? Doesn't seem to be in many LCBOs.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

re: Mikkeller Frelser

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=266031

I think what you see there is what's left. I highly suggest picking it up, it's quite amazing!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Josh Rubin tweeted that the Cuvee Renee was coming back.
yay.....?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

atomeyes wrote:Josh Rubin tweeted that the Cuvee Renee was coming back.
yay.....?
Whats his twitter?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Wow, Really? I thought Peter said that the BO rejected their submission...Hm...sounds like Cuvee Rene verticals this summer!

(If it's true)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

JeffPorter wrote:Wow, Really? I thought Peter said that the BO rejected their submission...Hm...sounds like Cuvee Rene verticals this summer!

(If it's true)
I'll talk to Peter tomorrow. Thought I heard the same as well. Unless he has a ton left over from last shipment.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

The beers in the Summer release have been confirmed, and a new thread started: http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7934

I'll lock this thread now so discussion can continue over there.