Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Red Racer Taps Take Over in Calgary

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Red Racer Taps Take Over in Calgary

Post by boney »

From Artisan Ales Consulting Inc. Facebook page....

Starting Friday May 11th at Beer Revolution here in Calgary there will be a Red Racer Take Over The Taps Event. Many of these beers it is the first time they are being served outside of BC and this event is proudly being bought to you by the fine folks at Artisan Ales Consulting and Beer Revolution.

16 kegs of Red Racer Goodness will be on tap with the following beers.
Red Racer IPA,
Red Racer Citra hopped Pale Ale,
Red Racer ESB (this past weekend won the gold medal at the World Cup of Beer for best ESB)
Red Racer Raspberry Wheat Ale,
Red Racer Nitro Oatmeal Stout,
Red Racer Imperial IPA
Red Racer Wee Heavy Ale

I am totally looking forward to this.....especially since it's a 200m walk from my appartment! Beer Revolution has fast become the premier beer destination in Calgary. It's not quite C'est What/Volo/Alibi Room yet, but it's getting there. The Red Racer tap take over follows quickly on the heels of a 10 tap Rogue take over this weekend. I can't wait to see what the other taps will be to make it up to 16!

Edit: Don't know why the hyperlink didn't work, but what I've posted is pretty much all the info so far. Search Artisan Ales on FB for more info as it happens.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Congratulations to everybody in Calgary who gets to consume this.

IMHO Red Racer ESB is awesome. The Cirtra IPA that I just tried recently is also fantastic. Calgary deserves a break from the mediocre limited choices (no offence to Wild Rose Brewing) they have had to suffer from. Enjoy!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.