Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Arrow & Loon Ottawa, Twiitter & Facebook

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ScottyJ77

Arrow & Loon Ottawa, Twiitter & Facebook

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Join our group on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 431&v=wall

or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ArrowAndLoon

or just check out our website at www.ArrowAndLoon.com

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

No.
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Garthicus wrote:No.
:lol:

clarkbrew

Post by clarkbrew »

That website looks the same as the old one..... :)
Anything new on cask since the Winterbrewed on the 11th?

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

I am getting some Beau's Sleepy Hollow Imperial Stout on Friday April 1st and it will be ready to tap after the weekend. I will be tapping it Monday April 4th at 5pm.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Tapped Corporal Punishment Brown Bitter Ale and Sgt. Majors IPA on Friday March 31st at 9:30pm.

I have put a twitter feed on the website www.arrowandloon.com that I can actually tweet on the fly a little quicker of news and updates.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

No idea if anyone affiliated with this place is still paying attention (to anything, not just this forum), but a comedy of errors on my visit tonight.

They have a crayon-drawn add-on to their standard beer list with maybe 6-8 additions. Of those, they had two errors:

"Hoptical City" which of course was FM Hoptical Illusion
"McCauslan Hawaiian" which I was shocked to see. I'm sure the guys at Spearhead would be as well.

The cask listed as "Kichesippi", but apparently it was too complicated to add "Blonde" next to it so I had to ask which of theirs was on.

Of course the FUSS police would blow a gasket, as none of the add-ons had abv, price or quantity regardless of whether the beer was right or wrong.

I really want to like the place, and in the end my food was good and my Hawaiian by any name was solid, but still. Hard to cater to the geek crowd and offer up these kinds of mistakes.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

rejtable wrote:"McCauslan Hawaiian"
That's a good one. How could they have possibly made that mistake?

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

According to their Twitter, they have Muskoka Angry Tom on cask- gonna check that one out tonight.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Maybe they're just blending beers! :D

Barking Squirrel w/ Hoptical Illusion

McAuslan Apricot Wheat w/ Spearhead

I think the next one will actually be Smash-Tom.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Angry Tom is apparently a casked Mad Tom- Dry hopped maybe? The nose seemed hoppier.

Also on cask was Beau's IPeh dry-hopped with Summit and Cascade, which was very good.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

All those names sound fun!!!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

ScottyJ77 wrote:All those names sound fun!!!
I've been asking around but without much success... can you give us an idea of drink prices at the Cask Festival on the 12th?