Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickel Brook Naughty Neighbour

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Nickel Brook Naughty Neighbour

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Tweet from the brewery that this has been flying off the shelves. Just waiting for the label to be made before it gets to the LCBO.

But my questions is has anyone picked this up from the brewery? Only a few ratings on RB

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/nickel-bro ... le/170949/

Interested to know if any BT's have had it yet?

American Pale Ale at 4.9% and 40 IBU's. Lighter than Crazy Canuck, might be a good session beer for this coming summer.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

hopefully this will replace the old Nickelbrook Ale at the LCBO

ill grab some from the brewery next time im in Burlington

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

I just wished I had known before hand, I drove right by there this weekend bringing a friend home from St. Catherines. Instead went a bit out of the way to Camerons for the RPA. Would have been nice to tackle both in the one day.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Sounds nice and exactly what I need right now - the big IPAs are great, but I'm getting a little pickled from all the 6+ % beers right now...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Had one tonight that was picked up at the brewery this week. It is excellent.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Picked up six from the brewery. Excellent APA, nice unfiltered look. Has more body to it than canuck. This is going to be a great summer sessionable brew.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Picked a six pack up yesterday. Like the last comment NN has a great body and huge flavour profile. Nice to have a lower abv hop forward beer besides Canuck to session. Didn't take long to get through the first bottle during the hockey game last night.

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Picked a six pack up yesterday. Like the last comment NN has a great body and huge flavour profile. Nice to have a lower abv hop forward beer besides Canuck to session. Didn't take long to get through the first bottle during the hockey game last night.
i went by the brewery on Drury on Tuesday and the only "new" beers they apparently had were Headstock and the RIS. Maybe she wasn't aware of this one? She did mention in passing a "headstock light" perhaps they've renamed this one as NN?

anyone know?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Droogy wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:Picked a six pack up yesterday. Like the last comment NN has a great body and huge flavour profile. Nice to have a lower abv hop forward beer besides Canuck to session. Didn't take long to get through the first bottle during the hockey game last night.
i went by the brewery on Drury on Tuesday and the only "new" beers they apparently had were Headstock and the RIS. Maybe she wasn't aware of this one? She did mention in passing a "headstock light" perhaps they've renamed this one as NN?

anyone know?
You had to ask for it. They have it in the back. I spoke with one of the brewers as no one was in tr actual store at the time. It will be labeled next week. I also bought a mixed six with te Headstock Light included in that. Just a light lager. Nothing like te IPA don't waste your money.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Enjoying a sixer of this. Good beer. Nice and sessionable. A little bit of a one trick poney as far as hopping goes. All orange zest, and not much else. Decent beer though. Much more drinkable than crazy cannuck in my opinion.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

this stuff is awesome, huge juicy, grapefruit pith, hop nose, super lean and tight malt body, 4.9%

huge win

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

On tap @kickoff.
Matt' s nailed it above
Best nickelbrook ever IMO.
At <5% ABV this is a giant killer if I can get my hands on it.
Well done nickel brook!!!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Still haven't tried it - I REALLY want to!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

JeffPorter wrote:Still haven't tried it - I REALLY want to!
Do it , you won't regret it.
The kids here at the Kickoff are pouring it down by the $16 pitcher full! I'm not sure they know how good it actually is. The spearhead tap is very very quiet.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

NRman wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Still haven't tried it - I REALLY want to!
Do it , you won't regret it.
The kids here at the Kickoff are pouring it down by the $16 pitcher full! I'm not sure they know how good it actually is. The spearhead tap is very very quiet.
Was at Caplanksky's last night and they added a fifth tap - spearhead :roll:

I wouldn't mind the beer so much if it wasn't everwhere! Anyway he said it was going to be a rotating "feature" tap so I told him about RPA and how that might go with smoked meat.