Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

One-Off Rogue Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JeffPorter wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Andicus wrote:but I doubt I'll try the maple bacon beer. Well, maybe just one...
No I don't think you should do that. Any beer that induces head-mangling hangover pain for no Godly reason can't be worth the trouble. 2¢
Maybe we should have a gathering where six of us buy a bottle. That way we get to try it, and no one is stuck with 725 ml of 10 dollar drain pour.
I will attempt to acquire such for said purpose.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ahh, as gimicky as it is, looks like I missed the Voodoo...no inventory showing up anywhere...guess it was a super-limited release!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

El Pinguino wrote:Ahh, as gimicky as it is, looks like I missed the Voodoo...no inventory showing up anywhere...guess it was a super-limited release!
Wow. I can't believe it sold out that quickly. There were shit loads of it at the Weston & 401 store last week.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

El Pinguino wrote:Ahh, as gimicky as it is, looks like I missed the Voodoo...no inventory showing up anywhere...guess it was a super-limited release!
I've got a bottle that I'm planning on returning. If anyone wants it, it's yours. I'm in downtown Toronto day and night. PM me if interested.
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

... and it seems NOONE is snapping up the Double Dead Guy too quickly.

Must have lost that 'rare' taste when they made so much of it... ;)

I had a whiff of a freshly-empty bottle of Voodoo, the maple character is really nice and present.
In Beerum Veritas