Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Father's Day at Trafalgar

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hopdevil

Father's Day at Trafalgar

Post by hopdevil »

Dropped by Trafalgar this afternoon for their kickoff event for Ontario Craft Beer Week.

They opened up the brewery and offered all of their beers ( Trafalgar, Elora, and Black Creek )
In addition, there were several one-offs: A Coconut Stout, English Black Ale, Adweisse, Bamboo, and another weisse.

They served Roast Pig and Roast Lamb with other munchies.

No charge and no limits

Thanks to the folks at Trafalgar for this great show of hospitality.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

"How to show your dad what you really think of him."

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

tyler90 wrote:"How to show your dad what you really think of him."
Low blow, man... ;)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Sounds like a fun event. Is the tied house pub still running? I don't get out that way often anymore but the sandwiches and the occasional one off's they were doing there were actually pretty solid.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I visited the brewery once and was treated really well - it was back in the day of the "Left Coast Pale Ale" (IMO, probably their best brew) - spoke to the brewer and found out he was quite passionate, as were the other staff - and gave me a couple of freebies - also fed me really well...the tied house pub is actually quite quaint and quiet, for those who have never been there. And the food is quite decent and I think worth the visit.

While there may be some "shelf life" and serious quality control issues with their beer, you never know...they could be the next Amsterdam, Nickel Brook, or Camerons - brewing an outstanding beer out of nowhere, and then all of a sudden our view of them turns on a dime - here's hoping they do.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Was at this event myself. Enjoyed everything. Look forward to attending again.