Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Holiday Pack

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Beau's Holiday Pack

Post by Bytowner »

I'm looking forward to this release. As an Ottawa homer I've been woefully negligent in sampling Beau's seasonals. Coming to a LCBO near (or probably not) you in November:

Screamin' Beaver Oak-aged DIPA
Farm Table BPA
Patio Saison
Matt's Sleepy Time Imperial Stout

http://www.beaus.ca/news/jul-06-12/best ... xer-4-pack

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

Wow- I have to confess that I have not yet had a beer from Beau's that I was really wild about, but that looks like a pretty solid mix. Would definitely pick at least one up.
Ren

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

price?

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

looks great, and I've never tried any of those, so Im really looking forward to this one.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

matt7215 wrote:price?
The original press release a few weeks ago when the voting opened up said that the expected price was $24 for 4x600 ml. Reasonable, I think, given that they're reviving some of their rarer beers for it.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

GregClow wrote:
matt7215 wrote:price?
The original press release a few weeks ago when the voting opened up said that the expected price was $24 for 4x600 ml. Reasonable, I think, given that they're reviving some of their rarer beers for it.
$24 sounds about right, i was hoping for less then $30

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

This 4 pack looks great. A little strange to see the Patio Saison being bottled for a fall 4 pack, but that's what the people voted..

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

It was all online voting. I know a Saison isn't necessarily a fall beer, but it was mostly nerds voting.
saintjohnswort.ca

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

solid mix pack. haven't tried many beaus beers, and hope this see good distribution.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Haven't had any of these. And even though a sasion isn't something for the fall hopefully it's fresh and something enjoyable. Does anyone know if there is a glass going to be in this gift pack? if $24 is the price point as suggested above I wouldn't think but would be a nice bonus.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I would pay $25 in a heart beat for these beers. Although I still have never tried the screaming beaver, but I'm looking forward to it.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

JeffPorter wrote:I would pay $25 in a heart beat for these beers. Although I still have never tried the screaming beaver, but I'm looking forward to it.
Im most looking forward to screaming beaver

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

I $25 would be worth it for this 4 pack. keep in mind beaus format size, and the time to produce these complex brews. That would be well worth it.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

JeffPorter wrote:I would pay $25 in a heart beat for these beers. Although I still have never tried the screaming beaver, but I'm looking forward to it.
I should, perhaps, amend that I'll be on "pat" leave in November (and well into it) so I'll be hocking my vinyl to get that $25. It'll be worth it though...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

The Sleepytime is a great beer, this is definitely a worthwhile pack even at the price.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole