Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Gueuze and Lambic in Alberta

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

New Gueuze and Lambic in Alberta

Post by boney »

As is being reported over on Ratebeer, Alberta will be getting shipments of various 3 Fonteinen and Tilquin over the next several weeks.

I just talked to a retailer and he thinks he'll be paying approx $25 wholesale for a 370 bottle of 3F, so I shudder to think of the retail price. The Tilquin will be much better priced, coming in cheaper than Cantillon ($25-35 for a 750 Cantillon), from what I hear.

Read more here.....

http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/3-fonteinen_205567_1.htm

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Be paying around $32.00 for the 375's; same price as a 750 Cantillon.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'd love to get my hands on a bottle or two of Tilquin.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

sprague11 wrote:I'd love to get my hands on a bottle or two of Tilquin.
I bought a case and I'd love to trade you a few, except it's all in Calgary and I'm in Hamilton. The Tilquin, and my entire cellar for that matter, likely wont be making it out to Ontario until I move my wife and my entire house out next May. The Tilquin was my last in-person Alberta purchase :(

Once the 3F and Westy packs make it into Alberta, I may get my wife to put together a case of those plus some Tilquin to send out to Ontario. If that happens, I'll send you a PM to see if you're still interested.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

3F have arrived in Alberta, and I don't think the pricing is gonna be all that high.

Oude Gueze, 375ml should be around $11.99 on the shelf

Golden Blend, 750ml should be around $19.99 on the shelf

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:3F have arrived in Alberta, and I don't think the pricing is gonna be all that high.

Oude Gueze, 375ml should be around $11.99 on the shelf

Golden Blend, 750ml should be around $19.99 on the shelf
I saw that Craft Beer Imports tweeted its release. Great news on the pricing! I'll have my good ol' wife pick me up a few of each.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Golden Blend is actually a 375ml, but still priced at $19.99.

Grabbed a bottle of the Oude Gueze on Saturday. And it exploded like a bloody rocket; as soon as the cage was untied, the cage & cork shot off into the sky, never to be seen again. About a quarter of the bottle was lost :cry:

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Not exactly gueuze or lambic, but definitely wild, Alberta will be getting 6 Jolly Pumpkin beers in the near future. I don't have much more info than that, as I'm getting that info through my wife who was talking with the guys at Willow Park.

Sid, have you heard any news on the time frame for 3F Armand & Tomme?

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

boney wrote:Not exactly gueuze or lambic, but definitely wild, Alberta will be getting 6 Jolly Pumpkin beers in the near future. I don't have much more info than that, as I'm getting that info through my wife who was talking with the guys at Willow Park.

Sid, have you heard any news on the time frame for 3F Armand & Tomme?
The 3F are supposed to be coming in later this year, or so I've been told. As well as Jolly Pumpkin, we're also getting in 3 Jester King beers in the next 2 weeks.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Jolly Pumpkin E.S. Bam hit the shelves today. Going to find out how much a bottle is!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

.....and that's why the majority of my spending on beer still happens in Alberta.....and eventually in shipping. I cringe to think how much it will cost to get my cellar out to Ontario.

I saw that ES Bam, Oro de Calabaza, Luciernaga, Madrugada Obscura and Sobrehumano are all at least in the Liquor connect system now. Super excited for that Sobrehumano.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Tonight I had the wife pick up JP Obscura, Sobrehumano, ES Bam, Anchorage White Galaxy, Phillips White Unicorn, all 3 Jester King and a few random Mikkellers. What a sport!

.......maybe we should start a general New Beers in Alberrta thread (he says, not living in Alberta)

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Just ask Cass or Greg to change the title.

And out a warning to Ontarians NOT to look in here :wink: