Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Leaving Canada

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Garthicus

Leaving Canada

Post by Garthicus »

Hey all,

It's with a heavy heart that I let you all know that as of this Saturday I am leaving Toronto to go back to Ireland for a couple of months before leaving again to move to Australia where I am taking a job in Brisbane..

The good news? I get to sample all the awesome things that are happening in the Irish beer scene and then discover what's going on in Oz..

The bad news? I leave behind the best friends I've ever made in my adult life... It's gonna be an awfully emotional week! (I'm a super cry baby!)

Paid for our one way tickets to Ireland yesterday. I feel so weird.

Anyhow, to those of you who I've had the pleasure of meeting - it's been great! For those of you who I haven't gotten around to meeting yet - let's have a beer sometime, somewhere!

Cheers,

Al
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Best of luck Al, all the best in the future. Come back to the forum from time to time and let us know the beers you're drinking during your new life adventures!

Cass

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Thanks Cass, I'll keep my finger on the pulse for sure! Hope to come back in 2 to 3 years.

For those of you who know me, please hook up with me on the facebook on
http://www.facebook.com/Garthicus
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Well Al, we've only met once, but shared a handful of conversations. All the best to you my friend. Safe travels please!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

We will miss you, Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Said it on FB...sad to see you leave these fair shores. Safe travels. I'm sure you'll be just as enamored with Oz!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. We'll blame Greg! :) Happy trails & good luck with the exciting new job.
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

What a weird looking board you linked to there, Jonas!!!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I think he meant this:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... start=3540

The other one is a mirror (older database) as I was trying to upgrade the forum software. Clearly I didn't finish :-)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Huh - apparently I miss some interesting stuff by never reading the "What're you drinking right now?" thread...

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Gonna miss the Garth Brooks sing-a-longs! The Dance...

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

Garthicus wrote:Hey all,

It's with a heavy heart that I let you all know that as of this Saturday I am leaving Toronto to go back to Ireland for a couple of months before leaving again to move to Australia where I am taking a job in Brisbane..

The good news? I get to sample all the awesome things that are happening in the Irish beer scene
I hope your part of Ireland has a better beer scene than my part (Belfast).

If you click on the link below and go to the post at 30/07/12 you'll see you're arriving just in time for the Dublin Craft Beerfest.

http://www.camrani.org.uk/

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Thanks all!

Arrived safe and sound, now gearing up for the festival this weekend!

MAN the beer scene here has changed!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Garthicus wrote:MAN the beer scene here has changed!
INDEED - You arrived! :)