Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:I'm drinking the (2012!) Muskoka Harvest, very tasty by itself and also pairs extremely well with this.
Um, Belgian...I'm pretty sure ANYTHING would pair well with that!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Over the weekend at Milos' Beer Emporium:
Grand River Plowman's Ale (draught)
Dieu du Ciel! Rosée d'Hibiscus (draught)
Muskoka Harvest Ale (draught)
Chatoe Rogue Single Malt Whiskey
St. Ambroise India Pale Ale (draught)
Sawdust City Gateway Kölsch (draught)

Today at home:
Pilsner Urquell
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Central City Red Racer IPA
Murphy's Irish Stout
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Ayinger Brau Weiss
Howe Sound Pumpkineater
Hebrew Jewbelation Fourteen

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Last night with Sprague and DaPan

Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn
Bellwoods Monogamy (Summit)
DFH Burton Baton
Mikkeller BA 1000 IBU
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Muskoka Cream Ale
Great Lakes Crazy Canuck

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Got a mixed pack of Alaskan. Tried the Amber and IPA tonight. Amber was nice enough, pretty unremarkable. IPA is really fresh, but light on bitterness, almost an APA.

Looking forward to cracking open the others.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at home:
Birrificio Del Ducato New Morning Saison
Beau's Night Märzen Oktoberfest Lager
Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René
Bytowner wrote: Got a mixed pack of Alaskan. Tried the Amber and IPA tonight. Amber was nice enough, pretty unremarkable. IPA is really fresh, but light on bitterness, almost an APA. Looking forward to cracking open the others.
Not sure if it's included, but the Smoked Porter is delicious. Good range of flavours with a big velvety palate and subtle smokey character.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

cratez wrote:Not sure if it's included, but the Smoked Porter is delicious. Good range of flavours with a big velvety palate and subtle smokey character.
Not unfortunately, still on the wants list. That beer sticks out as one that made it into every "beers to try" book when I first got into beer.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Bytowner wrote:
cratez wrote:Not sure if it's included, but the Smoked Porter is delicious. Good range of flavours with a big velvety palate and subtle smokey character.
Not unfortunately, still on the wants list. That beer sticks out as one that made it into every "beers to try" book when I first got into beer.
I believe that Porter uses Alderwood smoked malts. Quite a unique smokiness that I really dug.

Streets

Post by Streets »

I stopped by The Ship looking for the Lonepine IPAA, but wasn't on yet so I went to the judge for a church key West Coast pale ale. I'd never had it before but was quite pleased wit it.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Alesmith Horny Devil 2009. This thing ages so well its crazy. Tastes like Bacchus came straight into my mouth... wait... *sip sip*... DUDE! exactly the same!

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Bytowner wrote:Got a mixed pack of Alaskan. Tried the Amber and IPA tonight. Amber was nice enough, pretty unremarkable. IPA is really fresh, but light on bitterness, almost an APA.

Looking forward to cracking open the others.
The IPA I thought was sweet but very very tasty. What other beers are in your mix pack?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Shipyard imperial porter. Nice example of a robust porter. Creamy with lots of chocolate and coffe note. A little sweeter and less hoppy than GLB but I get the sense these guys like to stick to English hopping when it comes to these beers.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Parent Bourgogne 2010 Pinot Noir, nice vintage well worth the 20 bucks.
In Beerum Veritas

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

iguenard wrote: The IPA I thought was sweet but very very tasty. What other beers are in your mix pack?
I believe I have the Pale, White, Oatmeal Stout and the Kolsch. Brother-in-law picked it up for me on a cruise.