Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Also - these threads contain good info but it's very scattered. Things are actually hard to go back and find!

Would it be helpful to keep an up-to-date BEER WATCHLIST that concisely shows what critial beer release events are taking place in the next ten days or so? How might this be implemented?

(I guess any one of us could start a thread, and the lead post could be continually revised. A bit hack.)

It would be as useful as the ratebeer local top 50, but in other terms.
In Beerum Veritas

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

spinrsx wrote:Rogue Yellow Snow now showing stock
I went to Cooper St last night to get some Yellow Snow, thinking that maybe it would be in the back and show up on the website later. But no, according to the employee there are no plans for it to come to Cooper St. and is only expected to land at Summerhill. Bummer.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

He-brew jewbilation, brooklyn BCS is part of the winter release and its going to be 2.75 or 2.85 a bottle.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Stroonze wrote:He-brew jewbilation, brooklyn BCS is part of the winter release and its going to be 2.75 or 2.85 a bottle.
what version of HeBrew Jewbelation are we getting?

zombi69

Post by zombi69 »

skaghevn wrote:The last time Skull Splitter came through ('97?), it sold way too quickly for my liking (translation: never got any), and I recall the LCBO rep claiming it was youngsters (?) buying it based upon the name. Never thought I'd have a second chance at it in this province. Glad to be wrong.
I managed to purchase a 4-pack of this in Michigan while on holidays. Certainly gives the likes of Innis & Gunn a run etc. Very nice taste to it..

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

does rogue date the bottles? Anyone know how fresh the yellow snow at the lcbo is?
Malcolm wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Rogue Yellow Snow now showing stock
I went to Cooper St last night to get some Yellow Snow, thinking that maybe it would be in the back and show up on the website later. But no, according to the employee there are no plans for it to come to Cooper St. and is only expected to land at Summerhill. Bummer.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

BCS showing up at 3$ each

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... mber=95034
Stroonze wrote:He-brew jewbilation, brooklyn BCS is part of the winter release and its going to be 2.75 or 2.85 a bottle.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

matt7215 wrote:
anyone know??

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:BCS showing up at 3$ each
Yow, that's a 50% increase in cost from the last time. :o Still a safe deal in my opinion.
matt7215 wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
anyone know??
This Q is bugging me also, there are like 15 versions with hundreds of ratings so it's not clear. Is it the 11? I enjoyed the 13 "Mitzvah" version very much.
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Belgian wrote:This Q is bugging me also, there are like 15 versions with hundreds of ratings so it's not clear. Is it the 11? I enjoyed the 13 "Mitzvah" version very much.
I'd imagine it would be the 15, which is currently in Alberta, in 650ml format.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is new..

SHEPHERD NEAME CHRISTMAS ALE
LCBO 288803 | 500 mL bottle
Price: $ 3.50

and this: WYCHWOOD BREWERY BEERS OF CHARACTER COLLECTION
LCBO 288811 | 4x500 mL bottle Price: $ 12.95 http://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/Produ ... 0926442760

and the SOUTHERN TIER MOKAH is now showing stock

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

I saw the list at my local briefly but didnt see which number the jewbilation. I will inquire the next time im in. The price for the BCS has been adjusted from 3-2.85

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Folks - I was at the new LCBO store opening today in Mississauga - Dundas & Dixie - and they already have a bunch of the holiday gifts out for purchase. I remember the following:

Wychwood Collection
Historic Ales of Scotland
2 Belgian collections
Samuel Smith Gift Set
Innis & Gunn Gift Set
Samuel Smith Winter Welcome
St. Peter's Winter Ale
St. Peter's Golden Ale in a mini-keg format (5L).

There will be a new store opening up tomorrow in Markham. Likely will have some out on display there too.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

The version of HeBrew Jewbelation will be 16 which is the latest version.
Regards,
R+R
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

kafercrazy wrote:
Tempest ... LCBO ... Monday Oct 22.

THIS OCTOBER 22????

Edit: Those sneaky awesome sweet buggers!

Here's the release info -

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4292334/Tempes ... ELEASE.pdf
Anyone know what happened to this? No evidence at the brewery or on LCBO web site.