Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Elysian and Bear Republic coming to Ontario

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

American brewers are starting to realize we now have craft beer in Ontario.
In Beerum Veritas

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Cale wrote:With their comments of "Who knows" and "Maybe this will show up one day" - Certainly seems like they're putting the cart before the horse.
I got the sense that they've made the orders but are not willing to speculate about delivery dates after the red tape monster of Green Flash. They said a while ago that they were finished adding breweries to their portfolio and starting to focus on getting the beers they have more regularly in the LCBO. I would guess that they have orders with breweries for these beers, but that guessing shipping and LCBO times is something they are not willing to do anymore!

heebes

Post by heebes »

having sierra nevada here would be f'n fantastic

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

heebes wrote:having sierra nevada here would be f'n fantastic
Harvest and SN Pale alone would be huge. And I believe well-priced.

SN have long-standing objections to LCBO's no-guarantees policy for storage and handling temperatures. But seriously. We've bought SN from unrefrigerated shelf stock in the USA, even at places like Wegman's.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Well NAC just put this out

We are pleased to announce that: Phillip's Hop Circle IPA, Elysian Immortal IPA, Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA and the Un-paralleled mix 6 pack from Parallel 49th Brewery have all been accepted at the Lcbo. See you in March 2013!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

heebes

Post by heebes »

June 7th NAC wrote "Something big on the horizon.."

wonder what it could be?

also, still no Bear Republic?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

heebes wrote:June 7th NAC wrote "Something big on the horizon.."

wonder what it could be?

also, still no Bear Republic?
its been said before but i wish NAC would tweet when they have products in the warehouse about to hit shelves instead of
"Something big on the horizon.."

i dont care whats on the horizon, i care what i can drink on my patio this afternoon

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

matt7215 wrote: its been said before but i wish NAC would tweet when they have products in the warehouse about to hit shelves instead of
"Something big on the horizon.."

i dont care whats on the horizon, i care what i can drink on my patio this afternoon
And I have said this before as well but: +1 to that.

I am so tired of the way they do things at NAC.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Whatever it is, they'll ship the entire thing and let it sit in the warehouse while it goes through the tests. Then we'll get the 4+ month old stock.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Apparently they're shooting for October for Racer 5:

aser

Post by aser »

ErkLR wrote:Apparently they're shooting for October for Racer 5:
Not missing much, red racer is much better imo. I haven't even had red racer on tap, but racer 5 on tap is nothing special. Also their stupid lawsuit left a sour taste in my mouth.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

aser wrote:l. Also their stupid lawsuit left a sour taste in my mouth.
Me too.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

aser wrote:
Not missing much, red racer is much better imo. I haven't even had red racer on tap, but racer 5 on tap is nothing special. Also their stupid lawsuit left a sour taste in my mouth.
Not missing much, red racer is much better imo. I haven't even had red racer on tap, but racer 5 on tap is nothing special. Also their stupid lawsuit left a sour taste in my mouth.[/quote]

Agreed! After having visit this red neck brewery and basically being ignored for service due to a NASCAR race( even though there were only 5 people in the brewery) I wil not support them in the Canadian market. Customer service is not their forte and there are a lot of Canadian craft beers out there that are a lot better at making great beer IMO who are also very appreciative of their customers.

I hope you get a flat tire Racer 5

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Guess not October...
aser wrote:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

not going happen according to NAC "no dice. Bear Republic was unable to commit to Ontario due to increased sales in their own markets."