Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

dale cannon wrote:
nickelass wrote:So what do you think a good strategy is? Showing up at the doors when the open?
That won't cut it.

Camp out in front of the store overnight wearing a monk's habit and carrying a sign saying 'Westy 12 FTW!'.
I will do it, if someone comes with me.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

just got the Horizon email release.

guys, this is a total shit show. literally.
release is anywhere from tomorrow (Wednesday) to Dec 10. no one knows.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

I suppose trying to do a private order on this would be a completely futile effort.

Is there any word at all on a list of stores getting the six packs?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:
Is there any word at all on a list of stores getting the six packs?

The people I've asked actually have it, but are only willing to say "yes" or "no" if particular cities are getting it.

At this point, I'm hoping I get one, but also resigning myself to the fact that I may not, and just pay the 30-40 to buy one at a bar. I'm not interested in cellaring mass quantities just want to try one.

But yeah...shit show, and good luck to all.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I imagine folks will see it before it shows up on the system, should we use this thread (or the new products thread) to give people visuals on where it is?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

line-up at LCBO already and it isn't known if it is in yet

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Just phoned cooper st. - not in yet, but THEY TOOK MY NAME AND NUMBER...and told me a limit of 1 per customer. Absolutely insane.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

JeffPorter wrote:Just phoned cooper st. - not in yet, but THEY TOOK MY NAME AND NUMBER...and told me a limit of 1 per customer. Absolutely insane.
this is a government-run agency.
do you expect things to be run efficiently?

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

And so I fear as someone living outside of Toronto that my chances of laying my hands on this will be about the same chance as a pig flying.
Last edited by dutchcanuck on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

dutchcanuck wrote:And so I fear as a someone living outside of Toronto that my chances of laying my hands on this will be about the same chance as a pig flying.
I think it will be easier to get outside of Toronto to be honest.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Well I have already informed my boss that I might leave without notice to get this. And I have already resolved to driving elsewhere, so if it shows up anywhere within an hour and a half's drive I'll be there.

Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

Called Cooper St. a few minutes ago, they're not expecting it until the 10th. One per customer - so much for my Christmas list!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i am taking the week off. gonna be at every LCBO every day. a rotating tour.
hell, may even rent one of those short, yellow school buses. drive it around.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

This is so silly. I am going to be sitting around, checking this thread for the next week, waiting, ready to run to the LCBO at a second's notice. I cannot believe there isn't some kind of protocol for limited releases. I'd wait in line or whatever if I had to, but this waiting without an solid or even coherent information is ridiculous.

Part of me is hoping that after all this worrying, like in other places in Canada, there will be extra stock sitting around for the next few weeks. I mean, it's like $80. Shouldn't that out-price most gawkers and leave the beer for people who wake up in a cold sweat worrying about not getting it?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'm guessing a lot of bars will be chasing this. It's not like it will go bad when cellared
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole