Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Actatu

Post by Actatu »

I called in earlier today and was told that both Queens Quay & Summerhill will receive the most stock...huh, go figure. Why does the LCBO always seem to limit "major" releases to these two locations? It'll turn into an all out brawl over every last bottle.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I'm assuming this info is old news?

http://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detail ... Um13ZGw%3D

This product should be available in select stores on a first-come, first-served basis starting Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 while supplies last. Quantity is limited to one per customer. Please note that due to limited supply, there is not enough product to fulfill customer demand.

The stores below will be receiving this product.

etc etc

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

The interest in Westy caused yesterday to the be the highest traffic on a single day all year on BarTowel.
I stand by my prediction that all stock will be gone by end of day Thursday.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

spinrsx wrote:I'm assuming this info is old news?

http://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detail ... Um13ZGw%3D

This product should be available in select stores on a first-come, first-served basis starting Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 while supplies last. Quantity is limited to one per customer. Please note that due to limited supply, there is not enough product to fulfill customer demand.

The stores below will be receiving this product.

etc etc
I don't think the specific date of Dec 12th was on there until today, they must have updated it.

LCBO at Hwy7 & Yonge said they expect a big line Thursday morning with all packs gone by 11....

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Never have I been so glad as to have already tried and have some bottles of Westy in my posseasion. I'd definitely be having an obsessive beer geek freak out right about now otherwise. Honoring lists. Not honoring lists. The system seems to be a complete cluster-you know what.

Maybe in the future the LCBO should consider pre-orders and down payments of high demand products as a way to nip this kind of junk in the bud.

Edit: best of luck, too, fellas. Hope everyone gets lucky!
Last edited by boney on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Anyone know why some stores saying Wednesday and others Thursday?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I can't imagine now much I would be into this if I hadn't tried westy 12 before. I'll pick it up if I see it, but I'm not going to get there at the crack of dawn and wait in the cold

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

boney wrote:Never have I been so glad as to have already tried and have some bottles of Westy in my posseasion. I'd definitely be having an obsessive beer geek freak out right about now otherwise. Honoring lists. Not honoring lists. The system seems to be a complete cluster-you know what.

Edit: best of luck, too, fellas. Hope everyone gets lucky!
Yes, same here!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

midlife crisis wrote:Anyone know why some stores saying Wednesday and others Thursday?
Probably to avoid the crazyness. I saw we all knock over all 20 stores tonight at midnight! Obviously joking, but Wouldn't that be funny though. I presume they will all release tomorrow. I've spoken to five who will be and now say 9:00 opposed to 10:00 earlier as to when to show up. Luckily I've got a few apprentices with nothing to do tomorrow as layoff is Thursday.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Funny. Stores I have spoken to have said Thursday. Perhaps they are intentionally misleading me! :o

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

midlife crisis wrote:Funny. Stores I have spoken to have said Thursday. Perhaps they are intentionally misleading me! :o
Queens quay. Eglington. Weston. Scotsldale confirmed. Maybe different people picking up phone? Some told to say later dates? Others not caring? Curious to know from some insiders?

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:Funny. Stores I have spoken to have said Thursday. Perhaps they are intentionally misleading me! :o
Queens quay. Eglington. Weston. Scotsldale confirmed. Maybe different people picking up phone? Some told to say later dates? Others not caring? Curious to know from some insiders?
They confirmed for tomorrow? Any of those stores opening at 9am?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

The more I read the madness in this thread, the less I even feel like bothering with this. Not to mention that not a single store within 20 minutes of me is on the list.

hopdicct

Post by hopdicct »

jimmay wrote:
Called Rideout in London, they said they would not put anything on the floor, will be 'holding it for regulars'.

Called 393 in London, took my name, but only for courtesey call for when it hits the floor. Will stick with first come first served.
Holding it for regulars is BS. They'll hold it for staff members + their friends.

#393 didn't say when they predicted it to hit the floor did they?