Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Sorry guys, sometimes I get behind with the registrations and they get filtered. If anyone is lurking who registered and isn't activated drop me a quick line at cass@cecktor.com with your username and I'll fix it up.

I did try to get some of the recent ones activated as I suspected many folks wanted to chat Westy :-)

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

To fill demand I thought I'd offer an alternative to westy. My pack consists of 8 home brewed "trappist" dubbel's and two tulip glasses from dollarama. These are bottled in real trappist bottles (a $15 value on ebay when empty) and with legendary gold caps. All this for $49.95.

My line up starts at 12:12:12am, sales start at 12:12:12pm. Demand will exceed supply. Bring a tent, it is cold outside.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

A child develops a learning disability every time you post a picture of beer no one gives a shit about.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All of his posts seem to be like that. Sorry you guys who run beer blogs, that might be my new favourite one...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

distr0

Post by distr0 »

guelph stone rd location will be getting 30 packs friday morning, and are expecting over 200 people to show up for it

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

distr0 wrote:guelph stone rd location will be getting 30 packs friday morning, and are expecting over 200 people to show up for it
Sounds kind of silly, but how do they know how many people to expect? Based on number of calls, I suppose, but it could easily a lot less or a lot more. There's all kinds of factors that people can't resist.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

distr0

Post by distr0 »

JeffPorter wrote:
distr0 wrote:guelph stone rd location will be getting 30 packs friday morning, and are expecting over 200 people to show up for it
Sounds kind of silly, but how do they know how many people to expect? Based on number of calls, I suppose, but it could easily a lot less or a lot more. There's all kinds of factors that people can't resist.
yeah, estimate based on calls i would guess

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

JeffPorter wrote:A child develops a learning disability every time you post a picture of beer no one gives a shit about.

All of his posts seem to be like that. Sorry you guys who run beer blogs, that might be my new favourite one...
Can't take a joke?

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

distr0 wrote:swung by stone rd in guelph after work today. guy there said it was in the back already and should be on shelves overnight tonight
So a delay from tues to Friday? Makes no sense.

If they are doing a staggered release, good luck to the last store on the list!

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Droogy wrote:
distr0 wrote:swung by stone rd in guelph after work today. guy there said it was in the back already and should be on shelves overnight tonight
So a delay from tues to Friday? Makes no sense.

If they are doing a staggered release, good luck to the last store on the list!
yeah. to be honest, the guy who said that didn't sound like he knew for sure. he was probably sick of the questions and calls by that point :D

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

zaireeka wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:A child develops a learning disability every time you post a picture of beer no one gives a shit about.

Can't take a joke?
I think Jeff was referencing this
TheSevenDuffs wrote:I can't stop laughing at this....

http://dontdrinkbeer.com/2012/12/12/alr ... e-fuck-up/
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

for those interested:

there was a line at Bayview over an hr ago. not sure how big.

betting there's a line at the Laird location.

stay home and drink instead.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

atomeyes wrote:for those interested:

Went to Bayview Village around 8:20AM. They handed out tickets for about 54 cases at around 8AM and had to turn some people away as the line up was bigger than that at that time.

Out of luck for me.

Will try Richmond Hill tomorrow much earlier or just skip the whole thing.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

StevenThrasher wrote:
atomeyes wrote:for those interested:

Went to Bayview Village around 8:20AM. They handed out tickets for about 54 cases at around 8AM and had to turn some people away as the line up was bigger than that at that time.

Out of luck for me.

At least ten bricks were rolled into the back for people who weren't there at 9 to claim their ticket case. Took some pressing, but the Manager admitted they would hold them indefinitely for those with tickets.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Out of luck for me.

So in Edmonton it sits on the shelf and gathers dust but in Toronto it's gone in 4 mins and dbags are paying construction workers and homeless people to buy them additional packs. I wish we could be as cool as you Edmonton.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

there are 40 packs at Avenue and Lawrence and there were less than 40 people in line when the store opened at 9 a.m.