Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

JeffPorter wrote:
?

I'm missing something - is there something embedded in the text about Westy?

The only thing I see on Kijiji is people offering the glasses and boxes.
No! Sorry! I did a Google search on the phone number and an old ad for tutoring came up (same person).

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

CityTV/Breakfast Television just talked about it and showed the lineup at an Oakville(???) LCBO....

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

icemachine wrote:Probably another dozen showed while I was in the parking lot.

C'est la vie
I got there at 7AM. SOL for me too. They said the first guy in line was there at 3AM.
Ah well, Rochefort 10 it is for me, which I like almost as much and is much easier on the wallet.

Sad thing is there will be so many of these out there with people who won't even like it.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

guys,
looking for regular posters that have interacted with me in the past.

i can likely get some westys if you want. may mean splitting cases. nothing guaranteed.

i don't want to be flooded with messages, but, again, if you're a regular on here and want anywhere from 1 bottle to 1 case, let me know.

and no, this is not for profit. just doing it so beer geeks can taste $15 disapoiintment :)

nudniq

Post by nudniq »

7:00am Royal Bank Plaza LCBO at least 30 ppl...some brought chairs (my mom works in the area and I asked her to check it out). Have a friend going there now but doubt he'll get any. One can only hope....or otherwise enjoy a Rochefort 10 this weekend :)

El Torpedo

Post by El Torpedo »

Royal Bank Plaza LCBO. By 7:45 the line up was at least 100 strong. Was told by the cashier yesterday they were only getting 20 units. LCBO inventory says 40. Either way, people are stupid.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I got to RBC just before 7:30 and missed out since the line was too long in front of me. I'm glad the LCBO employees let us know at 8 who was getting it and who wasn't so I didn't have to wait another hour at least.

Actatu

Post by Actatu »

For shame to all those who have bought multiple packs, either through paying off others, or purchasing on different days. I've seen too much of this; it robs others of the opportunity to actually experience this, and all for the sake of greed (from jacked up selling on Ebay, or aging bottles upon bottles).

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Steve Beaumont was on Metro Morning this morning talking about it. When it's up, I'll link to it.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Actatu wrote:For shame to all those who have bought multiple packs, either through paying off others, or purchasing on different days. I've seen too much of this; it robs others of the opportunity to actually experience this, and all for the sake of greed (from jacked up selling on Ebay, or aging bottles upon bottles).
I agree paying other people off to get them is a dick move, but if someone who wants to cellar them or actually enjoy them is willing to deal with bullshit lines for 2 days in a row then IMO they deserve it. I would like to think nobody on these forums is selling on Ebay since they should know better, we all know its wrong. If a serious beer geek lined up for 2 or 3 of these like everyone else had the chance to do I think there is nothing wrong with that. I would have got 2 if I could have to be perfectly honest.

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

My wife just missed out by about 20 people at the store in Liberty Village
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

El Torpedo wrote:Royal Bank Plaza LCBO. By 7:45 the line up was at least 100 strong. Was told by the cashier yesterday they were only getting 20 units. LCBO inventory says 40. Either way, people are stupid.
Yeah. Once I saw the line went around the corner and down five to six stores, I left and headed back to King & Spadina. Lineup had started. Manager was giving out tickets so info can be taken and we'll be called when the Westy is in.

My shins hurt big time now. OW!
lister

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Unbelievable how hard this beer is to get. I'd expect only slightly more demand if it was a magical live forever tonic.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

PeenSteen wrote:
Actatu wrote:For shame to all those who have bought multiple packs, either through paying off others, or purchasing on different days. I've seen too much of this; it robs others of the opportunity to actually experience this, and all for the sake of greed (from jacked up selling on Ebay, or aging bottles upon bottles).
I agree paying other people off to get them is a dick move, but if someone who wants to cellar them or actually enjoy them is willing to deal with bullshit lines for 2 days in a row then IMO they deserve it. I would like to think nobody on these forums is selling on Ebay since they should know better, we all know its wrong. If a serious beer geek lined up for 2 or 3 of these like everyone else had the chance to do I think there is nothing wrong with that. I would have got 2 if I could have to be perfectly honest.
100% agree. Everyone for the most part had an equal opportunity. Some drove hours and missed out Tuesday and decided to spend the night in hotels. Some consumers at Avenue & Lawerence were lucky enough to get two (after going to car and dropping the first off) I just missed out. But if I did, you're right you wouldn't find it posted on eBay or Kijiji. It'll be enjoyed with friends who appreciate it or cellared.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Swordsman wrote:My wife just missed out by about 20 people at the store in Liberty Village
So no chance at Lib Village? My wife is on the way there too. :)
^^^Hop-head ^^^