Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

A Beau`s Patio Saison and a Founders Dirty Bastard, although I know it as Big Baby Jesus or Dirt Dog.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Renaissance Elemental Porter - a superb porter with big roasted, coffee, and dark chocolate aromas and flavours, some smokey-dusty-grainy notes, rich palate, and a wonderfully burnt, ashy-dry finish. If it was slightly cheaper I'd buy a case without thinking twice. This and the Yellow Snow are my favourites from the Winter Release.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

jprime

Post by jprime »

Today on tap at the blue monk:

Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calablaza
Goose Island Big John Imperial Stout
Stillwater Kopstootje

Food is fantastic as well. Had the duck confit ruben. Awesome.

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

Apres ski - Amsterdam Tempest Imperial Stout...great choice after tackling the 200+ foot vertical of Boler Mountain here in London Ont. Perfectly balanced, nun too boozy at 9%...rich'n toasty, bitter...freakin' yummy. Getting better as it warms to room temp. I am also really impressed with their Boneshaker for the same reason...simply well balanced, well executed beers.
Gord

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

2 x steam whistle pilsner pints at dinner
1 bottle boris lager
1 victory yakima glory
not sure whats next. flipping between nogne 100 and unibroue terrible.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at beerbistro:
Chatoe Rogue OREgasmic Ale (draught) - great boilerplate APA with huge drinkability
Brasserie Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux (bottle) - exceptional spicy-dry saison that almost takes on a BSPA character with its unusually high ABV

Earlier today:
King Pilsner - I've grown more fond of this authentic Czech-style pilsner in the last few months. Managed to snag a very fresh sixer at The Beer Boutique (exp. June '13) and it's bursting with bready, nutty, and hay-like aromas and an excellent grassy, peppery, and somewhat soapy hop finish.

Right now:
Southern Tier Mokah - just a doozy of an impy stout. Massive espresso, vanilla, milk chocolate, and roasted-ashy flavours with a syrupy, full-bodied mouthfeel and balancing heat/carbonation. Delicious!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Kuhnhenn American Imperial Stout
Fifty Fifty Imperial Eclipse Elijah Craig 20 year old
Stone Vertical Epic 12-12-12

Streets

Post by Streets »

The other evening with electroluminescent, had a Niagara College Imperial Stout at the judge, and then a sawdust city skinny-dipping with the neighbors cinnamon vanilla Stout; it was quite good!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Had a bottle of Flying Monkeys BNL Stout, they did a great job on this. I`d take this over Choklat, really nice.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Trying to go through some older hop fixes. Drinking a stubby of Witchshark. Lost a little juiciness in a couple months, but still pretty good.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Checked out a few LCBO's in the area earlier and they were looking quite empty. Picked up mostly regular Ontario offerings for the night.

Boneshaker - Good, but I'm not quite as into it as a lot of others are.

Mad Tom

Twice As Mad Tom

GLB Devil's Pale Ale

Beau's Burnt Rock - Light coffee and caramel with an excellent vanilla finish. On tap at Cheshire Cat.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Brooklyn Black Ops 2012 (Whilst watching The Wraith...this has THE best music soundtrack EVER for a movie) - a lot more integrated and pleasant than the recent reviews have led me to believe :wink:

Auchentoshan Three Wood
Last edited by Torontoblue on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

watching x-files. few pints of founders breakfast stout, now onto some elijah craig 12. wish i could still get it in ON...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:Brooklyn Black Ops 2012 (Whilst watching The Wraith...this has THE best music soundtrack EVER for a movie) - a lot more integrated and pleasant than the recent reviews have led me to believe :wink:

Auchentoshan Three Wood
My wife picked me up a bottle in Calgary yesterday!

Speaking of big beers, I'm hoping with the recent entry of Deschutes into AB that we might see some Abyss and Dissident in the near future (like in BC)! Fingers crossed.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Abyss & Dissident will more than likely be here on the next release. The agent tried to get them this time around but wasn't successful.

Alberta will be getting the Brewmaster's Series from Brooklyn on the shelves soon, I'm lead to believe.