Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

GLB Apocalypse Later - (Double Devil's Pale Ale)

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I had my first can last night and was very impressed. This might be the best GL beer I have ever had...

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I grabbed a few last week. I typically have high expectations for their "special" releases, but this one stepped up to the plate (or palate) big time.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Might grab a few more this week if they're still available. They're too quaff able.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Very found of this one as well. Heading there Tuesday for some Karma and the Harry Porter Bourbon Soaked Vanilla Bean. I really hope there is some of this still in the fridge as well. I bought six two weeks or so ago. It was quite hard not opening the fridge and not reaching for it every time. Very nice. GLB is amazing.

Soods

Post by Soods »

They also had some Witchking Baltic Porter (aged on Bourbon soaked staves) last week when I was in. Pick that one up as well if you can!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I'll have to crack another can of this. I've only had it once but honestly wasn't impressed at all. Maybe it was the wrong time contextually or maybe I sampled it too close to when I was getting over a cold. Maybe I was just expect more of the hoppy porter thing that groulxsome was talking about. I have a few cans left, so I will revist.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Brewed to be an American Strong Ale.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Good to know. I'll revisit it with a different lens now.

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

Lackey wrote:Brewed to be an American Strong Ale.
Tastes like awesome!