Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JasonTremblay

Post by JasonTremblay »

groulxsome wrote:Just getting around to popping my growler of Shackland's Pale Ale. Now I wish I had more than one growler of it, I don't know how I'm going to resist just drinking it all...

I know at least one person on here knows what hop/hop combo is providing that amazing aroma, anyone know what it is?
:)

Super sekrit proprietary recipe.

OK, not that sekrit, I posted it on twitter. The PA is a delicately balanced blend of Magnum (bittering), Chinook, and Palisade.

I think we'll be bottling some tomorrow and brewing up another batch next week.

Jason

zombi69

Post by zombi69 »

Driftwood's Mad Bruin Sour Brown Ale! Not much for sours, but damn this one is mighty tasty!!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

GLB Vanilla Bean Espresso Stout...

Not sure what happened to this bottle, but it lost A LOT of fizz, which makes it a little cloying... Maybe I bumped and wiggled the cap loose.

I still have one more bottle, so we'll see.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Last night and tonight...

Nogne O Porter
Dunham Imperial Black IPA
Dominus Vobiscum Saison
Big Rig Lon's ESB
Big Rig Old Man Winter

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:GLB Vanilla Bean Espresso Stout...

Not sure what happened to this bottle, but it lost A LOT of fizz, which makes it a little cloying... Maybe I bumped and wiggled the cap loose.

I found this one to be somewhat cloying fresh.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:GLB Vanilla Bean Espresso Stout...

I found this one to be somewhat cloying fresh.
Did you find yours under carbonated? I had one before and thought there was more vanilla...the one I opened tonight seemed to really pop with coffee, but it was difficult with the subtle bubbles...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:
Did you find yours under carbonated? I had one before and thought there was more vanilla...the one I opened tonight seemed to really pop with coffee, but it was difficult with the subtle bubbles...
I found it to be light but certainly not under-carbonated. I generally like my imperial stouts with lower carbonation levels. Just not Lost Abbey low.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

2007 Monster Ale. Pleasantly surprised by this. Body is great, nice carbonation contributes to a still-bitter finish, and almost creamy otherwise. Not as one-note as many barley wines tend to be. Held up really nice.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

GLB Harry Porter and the Bourbon Soaked Vanilla Bean...

Harry Porter seems ampted up this year. More hoppy perhaps?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Bellwoods Bootknife

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Bellwoods White Picket Fence. First beer of my vacation. Bellwoods, I love everything you do. Almost. This isn't my thing. More on the American side of a wheat. Would kill on the patio but next to none of the spice profile or yeast character that I dig. Even the happiest of couples have arguments. Lets stop the feudin' and the fussin' and get down to some lovin'. Hello Nelson Sauvin.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

After seeing the car get plowed in three times after having shovelled it out, I needed a beer. Having an A1213 can of Red Racer, tasting awesome. Relaxing with my newly repaired and upgraded turntable, spinning Unwound's Live Leaves and Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures so far.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

homebrewed beet porter

jprime

Post by jprime »

homebrewed beet porter

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

homebrewed borscht

@the Ship w/ Boney, Streets, Electroluminescent, etc

Silversmith Black Lager
Beau's Dubbel Koyt - huge body from the 50% oat malt bill
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.