Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams Utopias

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Torpedo

Post by El Torpedo »

Cass wrote:
grub wrote:woohoo, I finally got one! 20min of busy signals, then 20min on hold, but i was victorious!
Congrats! I was able to get one last year. I think even with the media attention, seeing that this is the 3rd release those on the board who are diligent should be able to score one!
Agree. I completely lucked out and got one on the first released, failed miserably on the second one, but got through on this one. 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

El Torpedo wrote:
Cass wrote:
grub wrote:woohoo, I finally got one! 20min of busy signals, then 20min on hold, but i was victorious!
Congrats! I was able to get one last year. I think even with the media attention, seeing that this is the 3rd release those on the board who are diligent should be able to score one!
Agree. I completely lucked out and got one on the first released, failed miserably on the second one, but got through on this one. 2 out of 3 ain't bad!
I missed out on last years, forgot to call. But got three of the 09's and then one today. I spent 15mins with a busy tone and another 8 on hold. I called on two phones one with the 416 number the calling the 1800. I got through on the 416 line. I wonder the percentage of those successful off the 416 vs 1800.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

TheBeeraholic wrote:I spent 15mins with a busy tone and another 8 on hold. I called on two phones one with the 416 number the calling the 1800. I got through on the 416 line. I wonder the percentage of those successful off the 416 vs 1800.
I got in via the 416. i figure the two are likely linked, but it seemed quicker to dial and get back the busy tone on the 416 than the 1800 by a second or two. I figured I'd try the 416 since it wasn't mentioned in the star article, and on the off chance they prioritized local calls in any way I figured it was worth a shot.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

grub wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:I spent 15mins with a busy tone and another 8 on hold. I called on two phones one with the 416 number the calling the 1800. I got through on the 416 line. I wonder the percentage of those successful off the 416 vs 1800.
I got in via the 416. i figure the two are likely linked, but it seemed quicker to dial and get back the busy tone on the 416 than the 1800 by a second or two. I figured I'd try the 416 since it wasn't mentioned in the star article, and on the off chance they prioritized local calls in any way I figured it was worth a shot.
Exactly what I had figured, less call volume better chance of getting through. I forgot to ask the call attendant. How many bottles did Ontario receive?

Zithal

Post by Zithal »

Just got in and placed my order. Not too bad. Rang in on the 4th attempt and only 10 minutes on hold.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Congrats everyone on the acquisition! Lets see some pictures once you gets your hands on it!

backscratcherbrewing

Post by backscratcherbrewing »

Got 2 bottles yesterday at the tasting w. Jim Koch! He signed them for me as well (my wife came with me, we were each able to get a bottle, I'm giving one to a beer buddy) and was super-entertaining. Fun event.

They also poured Spring Lager, Boston Lager and new-to-LCBO the Latitude 48 IPA, which was quite stellar. The Mosaic hops were coming thru bigtime.

backscratcherbrewing

TheBeeraholic wrote:
grub wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote: Exactly what I had figured, less call volume better chance of getting through. I forgot to ask the call attendant. How many bottles did Ontario receive?

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I just got a bottle. I had been calling off and on since 8:30 and only getting busy signals. When I got through, it was about 20 minutes on hold.

BrewNerd

Post by BrewNerd »

AHH completely forgot that this was today :(

kinda makes me sad since it seems like your chances were pretty good.. Meh, at least i still have a bottle from the last release aging nicely

backscratcherbrewing

Signed bottle of @SamuelAdamsBeer Utopias. Best line was Jim Koch telling my wife that "boiling wort in the kitchen" is an aphrodisiac.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

backscratcherbrewing wrote:Best line was Jim Koch telling my wife that "boiling wort in the kitchen" is an aphrodisiac.
What he didn't add, was that boiling OVER wort in the kitchen all over the stove, is not an aphrodisiac :wink:
Congrats on the score!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

FYI, it's apparently all sold out as of least 15min ago.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Grub, beeraholic, zithal, KW1, kwjd & everyone - congrats on your (1 out of less than 400) rarity, hope it is awesome vintage-blended barrel-aged goodness. I think it's cool that BarTowel regulars will score probably a few per cent of the order, you deserve it.

I was looking at my phone at 8:29 AM today and said 'nahh, I can't be a phone slave for hours right now' LOL.
In Beerum Veritas

brew-san

Post by brew-san »

I managed to score one too (416 number).. They were sold out by around 11am... a friend tried when I told him how I was lucky enough to get one and was told they were sold out.
Last edited by brew-san on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.