Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams Utopias

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I grabbed a bottle at around 10:30 via the 416 number. Had been trying for two hours with nothign but busy signals. Finally got through and was on hold for about 20 minutes before scoring a bottle. Looking forward to trying this one.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I grabbed a bottle at around 10:30 via the 416 number. Had been trying for two hours with nothign but busy signals. Finally got through and was on hold for about 20 minutes before scoring a bottle. Looking forward to trying this one.
Nice! I probably dialed the number a 100+ times (no exaggeration) between 8:30-9:45. Gave up after that.

Big Bob

Post by Big Bob »

Similar story to the others: started dialing at 8:32, got through at 9:10, was on hold 15 minutes. I used the 416 number.

Now the tough part - it's not being delivered for some four to six weeks.

Luckily, I had warned them I might be a few minutes late for work.

El Torpedo

Post by El Torpedo »

Does anyone know if this release comes with the Riedel glass?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

El Torpedo wrote:Does anyone know if this release comes with the Riedel glass?
It doesn't come with the riedel glass, but if you contact the rep you should be able to get one for free with a polite email. I'll try and dig up the contact
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Would be nice. But I doubt it. Did the 2011? My 2009s didn't.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... c&start=45
icemachine wrote:So the contact to get the Utopias/Riedel glass is Deanna Kaminskyj at Moosehead, email her (and cc exports@bostonbeer.com) with your name/address/phone # to get yours

Deanna.Kaminskyj@moosehead.ca.
exports@bostonbeer.com

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

icemachine wrote:http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... c&start=45
icemachine wrote:So the contact to get the Utopias/Riedel glass is Deanna Kaminskyj at Moosehead, email her (and cc exports@bostonbeer.com) with your name/address/phone # to get yours

exports@bostonbeer.com
Do I have to have bought Utopia to get the glass? I would cherish a Riedel beer glass....

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

icemachine wrote:http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... c&start=45

exports@bostonbeer.com
Can anyone verify she is still the contact before I send the email?

El Torpedo

Post by El Torpedo »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Would be nice. But I doubt it. Did the 2011? My 2009s didn't.
I went back to my old emails - for some reason I had remembered the glass being with the bottle when I picked it up at the store (the first release in 2010). I'm wrong though - I see that I did email exports@bostonbeer.com requesting the glass. Deanna Kaminskyj replied, and they shipped the glass later. I remember now that the bottle came with a letter explaining how to order the glass.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

ercousin wrote:
Do I have to have bought Utopia to get the glass? I would cherish a Riedel beer glass....
Pretty sure they check against the list of LCBO list of purchasers

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Having never had this before, I gave them a ring at 8:30 as I was up and mulling about. Had a bottle bought by 8:51am.

It's a lot of money but I'm looking forward to having this as a special surprise for friends visiting from out of town over the next year or two.

Good to know about how to get the Riedel glass.

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

My third year trying and finally got a bottle. I tried off and on for 50 minutes at work and was hold for 10. Answered client emails while on hold so my boss knew I was working.

The glass sounds interesting.

My birthday is at the end of the month so I am hoping it comes in a little early.
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

I picked my bottle up on Friday. It comes with an e-store code for a free glass however the site notes, "Unfortunately at this time we are unable to ship items from our eStore outside of the U.S. We apologize for the inconvenience."

It seemed that would have been the easier way but now I will try the route suggested above.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

My glass came was delivered on Friday. Still no word on the bottle yet.