Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

La Terrible in beer stores?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Manul

La Terrible in beer stores?

Post by Manul »

I was browsing their site and I came across Terrible in 750ml for 7.95. Has anyone seen this one in stores yet?
If this is real, kudos to Mr. Sleeman.

Mother G

Post by Mother G »

A decision was made to list the followign at the Brampton Distribution Centre and select Beer Stores:

Terrible in 750 ml
Quelque Chose 500 ml
Fin du Monde 750 ml
Maudite 750 ml
Blanche de Chambly 750 ml

Sleeman received significant requests for these products and decided to make them available for general purchase.

Fin du Monde , Blanche and Maudite are also available in 341 x 6 at the Beer Store as well.

Due to unprecedented demand for the Unibroue Selection in Quebec their is inadequate inventory for Ontario for 2005.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Mother G wrote:Quelque Chose 500 ml
:o

Awesome!

mds

Post by mds »

GregClow wrote:
Mother G wrote:Quelque Chose 500 ml
:o

Awesome!
I wonder how much that will go for. I remember getting it in Quebec for ~$9.25 but in Arizona I bought it for $5.50 USD.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Whoa, cool. Hats off to Sleeman on this one. Now the question is: how do we find out which Beer Stores have them?

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

Very good news indeed, that.

Because The Beer Store website is idiotic, you have to select a store first and then click a link to find out which brands they carry. And because I did just that, I now know that Terrible is stocked at the Bathurst Beer store.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

What an incredibly un-user friendly method. No surpise coming from the beer store, though :P

It's also at the Dupont store according to the site.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

For those of us who require more than a single linear co-ordinate,

1) Dupont west of Bathurst at 500 Dupont Street, south side of street.
2) 452 Bathurst south of College (little italy) on west side near Kromer.
Mother G wrote:Fin du Monde , Blanche and Maudite are also available in 341 x 6 at the Beer Store as well..
Don't forget the lightly smoky Raftman, and the extremely nice port-like Trois Pistoles (their one big score in the RateBeer top 100, not that this should mean everything.)
In Beerum Veritas

Manul

Post by Manul »

It should...

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Theres also the beautiful full bodied blond ale Unibroue 10.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Academy_Colin wrote:Theres also the beautiful full bodied blond ale Unibroue 10.
You neglected to mention that there is, as far as I know, only one location in Ontario to enjoy "10". However, if you are in the Dayton, Ohio area apparently there is a boatload of it for about $5.95 USD per bottle. Almost worth the 12 hour round trip drive. 8)

Salut Steve

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Manul wrote:It should...
What should what?

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

GregClow wrote:
What should what?
Mean something.... :o

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gunny wrote:
GregClow wrote:
What should what?
With respect Gunny, you are mis-quoting me - I said 'mean EVERYthing', ie. Beers in the top 100 may or may not qualify as YOUR or MY top 100 - hence ratings don't mean everything (especially with the quite natural trends, biases and conceits associated with the nice bunch of beer freaks on RateBeer, God love 'em.)

That said, Trois Pistoles deserved to be highly rated, and has garnered high respect given all Uni products are given more skepticism than actual Belgians or hard-to-get and expensive caché beers. My interpretation of some ratings anyhow!
In Beerum Veritas

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Belgian wrote:
Gunny wrote:
GregClow wrote: What should what?
With respect Gunny, you are mis-quoting me - I said 'mean EVERYthing', ie. Beers in the top 100 may or may not qualify as YOUR or MY top 100 - hence ratings don't mean everything (especially with the quite natural trends, biases and conceits associated with the nice bunch of beer freaks on RateBeer, God love 'em.)

That said, Trois Pistoles deserved to be highly rated, and has garnered high respect given all Uni products are given more skepticism than actual Belgians or hard-to-get and expensive caché beers. My interpretation of some ratings anyhow!
I was, in fact, not quoting you Belgian (not that you are not "quoteworthy" :wink: ). I was merely indicating that it should mean "something" if a Belgian style ale such as Trois Pistoles is held in such high regard on beer rating sites such as RateBeer.

Salut Steve