Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams Utopias

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

fricfrac

Post by fricfrac »

TheBeeraholic wrote:My glass came was delivered on Friday. Still no word on the bottle yet.
Did you use the email address above to order the glass and does it have 10th anniversary etched on it?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

fricfrac wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:My glass came was delivered on Friday. Still no word on the bottle yet.
Did you use the email address above to order the glass and does it have 10th anniversary etched on it?
I used the two email addresses mentioned previously in this thread. No there's not 10th Anniversary etched in it. Just Sam Adams Utopias on the foot of the glass. Came in a nice black cylinder like a whisky would.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

The 'stock' for Utopias keeps growing....as they get them in for pick up:
http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=104711

I guess if there is stock at 'your' store you should get a call soon.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

i got my call, just need to stop in and pick it up. fired off an email to the addresses mentioned so we'll see if i get a matching glass too.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

KW1

Post by KW1 »

A friend picked up my bottle last Friday, and sent the email for the glass. Yay.

Update.

And yes! Just got confirmation the glass is being sent.

Excellent

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

I haven't heard from the LC yet. Should I be concerned?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

shintriad wrote:I haven't heard from the LC yet. Should I be concerned?
Haven't heard yet either. I wouldn't be concerned. Last time it took 4 weeks to get mine.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Got my call on Friday when I was out of town and picked mine up yesterday from my local store in Mississauga.

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

shintriad wrote:I haven't heard from the LC yet. Should I be concerned?
Possibly- the last time out I chose a busy store and they never did call me. This time I went for a quieter outlet and I was looked after very well.

El Torpedo

Post by El Torpedo »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Got my call on Friday when I was out of town and picked mine up yesterday from my local store in Mississauga.
Which is your local store? I'm in Mississauga too - I asked for it to be sent to the Erin Mills/Eglinton outlet. Have not heard from them though...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

El Torpedo wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Got my call on Friday when I was out of town and picked mine up yesterday from my local store in Mississauga.
Which is your local store? I'm in Mississauga too - I asked for it to be sent to the Erin Mills/Eglinton outlet. Have not heard from them though...
Square One. Right beside my work. Your store is technically my local store though. Looks like I made the right decision there (debated between the two) :)

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Maybe the West end is coming out slower. Mine is going to the Liberty Village LC and I have not heard from them either.
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Swordsman wrote:Maybe the West end is coming out slower. Mine is going to the Liberty Village LC and I have not heard from them either.
Mine showed up at the Brock St location in Parkdale last week, so it can't be that.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

Swordsman wrote:Maybe the West end is coming out slower. Mine is going to the Liberty Village LC and I have not heard from them either.
They showed up in Ottawa last Friday.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Called my store this morning (Brock Rd. and Kingston Rd.) they've got two already. Neither of which are mine. They suggested I call Vintages to ensure I didn't request a different store. I called and they said not all of the 400 have been sent and that mine will be sent to Brock Rd and Kingston just hasn't happened yet. You would think they'd send all the bottles to a single store not just one or two and then go back the following week with the next truck.