Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Parkdale Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

saints_gambit wrote:
icemachine wrote:
saints_gambit wrote: In the time between then and now, he could have applied to, got into and graduated from Niagara College's Brewing Program. As about 50 other homebrewers from the region did. They'll all be working in breweries this summer.

And how many of them are creating branding for non existent beers and beer events?
All of them.

In marketing class.
Yes in class, not the working world where people expect you to actually produce something when you create fake events and campaigns on a widely distributed platform.

I have no problem with this guy making up fancy graphics for his beers, or dreaming about creating events that will be attended by thousands.

It's when he publishes these things and creates a buy-in for vapourware that will make thegeneral public skeptical about other real craft brewers and their events that makes myself and other consumers (and craft beer producers I imagine) upset
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

My facebook pages are getting shut down by local beer competitors, be it by employees, and or friends, reporting my business pages on false claims of spam etc...
They are the same trolls/Rats.cyber-bullies if you will, that gathered on Bartowel Dot com.
here is one screen shot of many I have of them literally admitting to it.

I have been harassed for over 2 years now, and have been called everything under the sun, as well as my startup(s)

I thought it would simmer down, and they would give up, but now they're shutting down not only my Business pages, but other peoples that they assumed were mine/affiliated.

I am posting this to get it out there, and keep real time records of this in light of "Cyber Bullying" that is a real problem, these grown men should, and will be outed, this shit has got to stop.
It just keeps getting better; there is even a screen shot of TorontoBlue up there now(and he is trying to dox me as well, wheeeee), and in the comments section he is talking about coming after us all for "damages" because we reported his Facebook pages as spam; Does he know how Facebook works and that you aren't supposed to set up personal user accounts for businesses?

The part that stuns me is he keeps talking about how we never try to talk to him to set the record straight, whenever anyone posts anything on his Facebook that isn't sycophantic praise and reassurance he erases it, he knows what our issues are, he has clearly read this thread, yet he doesn't address it and instead makes more vague legal threats about coming after us.

We are incredibly supportive of new brewers in the city, my favorite ones to be supportive of are the ones that actually brew beer, have real events, and don't run around trying to be internet lawyers/tough guys.
Last edited by Weebay on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

heebes

Post by heebes »

toweringpine wrote:Dude had 75 000 twitter followers. Maybe he is just trying to amass a giant list and sell it. I read something the other day about all the Facebook 'name a city without a T in it' or 'give me a million likes and Daddy will buy me a pony'. They sell these lists of likes for advertising. Twitter is the same.
you can buy 500 followers for $5 through an app

maybe hes done this to appear like he has a large fanbase

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

The sad thing is that basically all of the sites violate the facebook EULA and TOC. People pointing that condition out aren't responsible for damages. The condition itself is.

I mean, somewhat shockingly, perhaps, even having an account called "Jason Parkdale" is a violation of the TOC and EULA because it's very clearly a fake name. It might as well be "Johnny Fakename."
Last edited by saints_gambit on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
saintjohnswort.ca

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

saints_gambit wrote:The sad thing is that basically all of the sites violate the facebook EULA and TOC. People pointing that condition out aren't responsible for damages. The condition itself is.
That's exactly what I reported to Facebook, not spam.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Weebay wrote: It just keeps getting better; there is even a screen shot of ...
Not sure if I am a troll or a rat......???

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Weebay wrote: It just keeps getting better; there is even a screen shot of TorontoBlue up there now(and he is trying to dox me as well, wheeeee),
What's he posted about me?

And now he's blocked me on Twitter.....this man has no spine, whatsoever!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

3 things
1. thanks for this thread- I am greatly amused/fascinated by him and the whole social media thing that might appear to be interest.

2. Jason reminds me of my favourite internet related cartoon of all time and I am amazed it will be 20 years old this summer!!

3. I think I am a troll.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Torontoblue wrote:
Weebay wrote: It just keeps getting better; there is even a screen shot of TorontoBlue up there now(and he is trying to dox me as well, wheeeee),
What's he posted about me? whatsoever!
He posted a screen shot of your bartowel post.... I enjoyed his use of the yahoo toolbar to search for "Weebay"! He's comin' for you guys!?!?!

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Omar coming... doesn't he know anything....