Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

JProulx wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:Ah! Wish I had seen these messages earlier. Just dropped $100 at Bellwoods!
Next week I guess.
Worse choices have been made. Enjoy the Bellwoods!
Lol I know would have been nice to fill the fridge with new stuff though. Between the Bellwoods and cigar purchases today the wife would want to go buy a new dress or pair of shoes if I went and stocked up on this as well this weekend. Ill end up saving more by waiting until next week.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

OT, but what cigars did you score? (Assuming your wife doesn't read this forum, of course).

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

JProulx wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:
all 4 of these beers now showing stock. As well as Hop-It Tripel Ipa

going to be a good weekend for the toronto folks
Thanks. This morning picked up Sofie, Matilda, 4D, Matador, Saison Dupont and Tree Doppelbock at Summerhill. Budget blown!
The Kuhnhenn is hidden in boxes in the back corner of the store. Nothing was on display shelves when I went in. Plenty left, so don't worry.

The Saison Dupont and Matilda were out when I got there. (Okay, I bought the last Matilda.)

I didn't see anybody mention this yet... Unibroue 17 showing stock all over. Grabbed one this morning at Summerhill.
Are you sure you didn't see Cervesia Dupont? They had a ton of those but no Saison when I was in there around 3:45.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Quite sure. I got a Saison Dupont at 10:30 this morning. It was still in a box on a cart, mind you, not on a shelf.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

midlife crisis wrote:OT, but what cigars did you score? (Assuming your wife doesn't read this forum, of course).
Nah she doesn't and really wouldn't care if I came home with another case to be completely honest.

Cigar wise I just started getting into them recently after a friends wedding. Considered opening a new topic under random talk but didn't think it would gather much intrest. I picked up a few rocky patels.. Thunder by Nish, Xen by Nish, and the 1990 (only because its my birth year). Also grabbed an Alex Bradley Black Market and CAO Cameroon L'Anniversaire. Needed a new lighter so also bought a siglo black obsidian.

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

ercousin wrote:Are you sure you didn't see Cervesia Dupont? They had a ton of those but no Saison when I was in there around 3:45.
Sorry, I had meant that Saison Dupont and Matilda were out of stock. I bought the last Matilda, as far as I could tell, and I couldn't find any Saison Dupont. That was around 1:00

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Picked up 1/2 case of Unibroue 17 from Taunton and Brock this morning. Also had FM 8th Anniversary IPA.

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

New beer store stuff that I came across this past week. I saw Rickard's Shandy, Boris Cubana Libre, and something else that caught my eye was Cheval Blanc 6-pack bottles. I know from past experience I don't like the Cheval much, but nice to see some more Quebec brewers getting into the Ontario market.

Not that these are amazing brews, but I like to mention the stuff that slips under the radar, just the same.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

This is new...

CHIMAY BLUE CAP
LCBO 357236 | 330 mL bottle

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Good - can re-stock up on a few Chimays
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Guybrush wrote:... something else that caught my eye was Cheval Blanc 6-pack bottles. I know from past experience I don't like the Cheval much, but nice to see some more Quebec brewers getting into the Ontario market.
I think the Dominus Vobiscum Blanche (Wit) is very complex for the style, if you can buy and drink it affordably in Quebec!

Also if DDC Blanche du Paradis makes a re-appearance at LCBO I won't sniff at that very good wit. It seems to be my 'palate reset' beer whenever I stop by the pub, which while in Montreal is pretty often.

Beers that would make Peter Celis very proud, indeed. He is sort of the Godfather of the resurrected & formerly 'lost' ancient Belgian Wit beer style. You have likely heard of a town called Hoegaarden...
In Beerum Veritas

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Ceecee wrote:This is new...

CHIMAY BLUE CAP
LCBO 357236 | 330 mL bottle
YUM! And the best part from what I hear is that this is going to be a regular listing :o

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

This is a new General Listing product which will be available year round. Please support it and if your local does not carry it, ask them to do so. If they won't, they are obliged to bring in a case of 24 at your request.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

esprit wrote:This is a new General Listing product which will be available year round. Please support it and if your local does not carry it, ask them to do so. If they won't, they are obliged to bring in a case of 24 at your request.
Great! Any idea when it is going to start hitting the shelves in the GTA?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I still have plenty of 2006 330ml Chimay "Blue Cap" that is drinking mighty fine, if there are any doubters holding out to age only the "Grand Reserve" 750ml version of the same Chimay Bleue beer.

The bottle conditioning is pretty solid for this short-term aging of 330 mls.
In Beerum Veritas