Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Montréal Mondiale 2013 - May 29 to Jun 2

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rejtable
Bar Fly

Montréal Mondiale 2013 - May 29 to Jun 2

Post by rejtable »

http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/en/fe ... real_2013/

Anyone going? I'm surprised there is no beer/brewery list yet. Anyone have any scoops?

I'm heading over for the first time with some buddies. Looking forward to it.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

rejtable wrote:http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/en/fe ... real_2013/

Anyone going? I'm surprised there is no beer/brewery list yet. Anyone have any scoops?

I'm heading over for the first time with some buddies. Looking forward to it.
They usually don't release a list until May. Last yer was the first time i've ever seen them release a list early.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

robinvboyer wrote: They usually don't release a list until May. Last yer was the first time i've ever seen them release a list early.
Ah, ok, thanks. That sounds better then. Was wondering because the list came out in mid-March last year.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

The list is sometimes frustratingly late! Takes some time to go through since it is so long!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Most excellent....I believe I have to be in Montreal around that weekend for work. Haven't been to the Montreal fest yet, so looking forward to it now!

I'll have to re-read the older psots to see what the highlights have been from past years.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

JerCraigs wrote:The list is sometimes frustratingly late! Takes some time to go through since it is so long!
It's always one of the highlights of the canadian beer year to print it out and bust out the highlighter.
saintjohnswort.ca

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Hmm, still can't decide if I'm going this year. Will need to choose between a few options.

Highly recommended though. Without a doubt a highlight of the festival season for anyone who hasn't already attended.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Um... I got the list of beers (everything except canadian brews)... maybe I got it as media... let me see if I can post the list.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Scottatron

Post by Scottatron »

I had a chance to go last year. It was a great time. I would recommend it to anyone willing to make the drive. It was a great way to sample some Quebec and Belgian brews that are hard to get.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Luckily it's not on F1 weekend like last year, so accommodation should be much more reasonable!

jprime

Post by jprime »

iguenard wrote:Um... I got the list of beers (everything except canadian brews)... maybe I got it as media... let me see if I can post the list.
No DDC?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Only one Belgian brewer on the list this year? That's disappointing. A surprising number of Brazilian breweries though, I don't know what to think of that.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Is Brazil the featured country this year? I seem to recall Beaumont saying there was a lot of cool stuff coming out of Brazil now, so that could be cool?

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Brazil was last year. No DDC in the list because Quebec breweries are not yet announced.