Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Single Bottle Codes

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

LCBO Single Bottle Codes

Post by PeenSteen »

Here is a list of single bottle codes for you guys, I would recommend writing down the ones you may buy and putting it in your wallet or phone or whatever in the event an LCBO employee won't sell you a single bottle.

I'm only going to include the products that may be relevant to the people on this forum, if there is anything I missed or any product not included you would like the number for just let me know on here.

Anchor Steam - 622274
Flying Monkeys Anti-Gravity - 617118
Flying Monkeys Confederation Ale - 622688
Flying Monkeys Netherworld - 231761
Brooklyn Lager - 615898
Duggans #5 - 263046
Duggans #9 - 232116
Elysian Immortal - 345926
Founders Centennial - 345918
Green Flash West Coast IPA - 345868
Beau's Lugtread - 181891
Makeson Stout - 345876
Muskoka Cream Ale - 262980
Muskoka Mad Tom - 263004
Muskoka Twice As Mad Tom - 331694
Sam Adams Spring Lager - 345801
Sam Adams Boston Lager - 893115
Sam Adams Oktoberfest - 331710
Sam Adams Summer Ale - 622266
Sam Adams Winter Lager - 331702
Sam Adams Latitude 48 - 345900
Tree Hophead - 271197 or 284554 (not sure which is current)
Liberty Ale - 283788
Amsterdam Boneshaker - 345827

Not available yet:
Nickel Brook Naughty Neighbour - 345975
Ommegang Hennepin - 345892

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is very handy, thanks!

won't Nickel Brook Naughty Neighbour be a closed top 6 pack?

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

How about smashbomb and stereovision?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

just bought a single of Elysian Immortal. Cashier scanned it, told me he couldn't sell it to me. Told them the code listed above.. they punched it in and.. bingo! Guy asked me 'how did you know that code??'. He even wrote it down so he would have it for future use.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

ChrisK wrote:How about smashbomb and stereovision?
Stereovision - 345850
Smashbomb - 269878

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

spinrsx wrote:just bought a single of Elysian Immortal. Cashier scanned it, told me he couldn't sell it to me. Told them the code listed above.. they punched it in and.. bingo! Guy asked me 'how did you know that code??'. He even wrote it down so he would have it for future use.
Pwn3d! You should have took the scanner, laser'd their shirt, dropped it gangster-style and walked away like a boss.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

great idea PeenSteen!

saves a lot of frustration.

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

Bookmarked this thread. Thanks!

MaltyTasker

Post by MaltyTasker »

The woman I encountered on Sunday refused to try those codes. She told me "They are not our codes. If I typed them in they'd refer to another product because these cannot be sold singly." When I requested that she try one, she reiterated, acted annoyed, encouraged a customer behind me to act like I was holding things up, etc. She was extremely rude, cutting me off and not responding to me after repeating herself without listening to me.

I am pondering complaining, but would like to verify if anyone has used the Netherworld or Hophead codes before (and which worked for Hophead) to ensure I send along accurate info for doing so.

Anyone try these?

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Just used the Elysian code. The cashier was grateful I had it, as it "just saved me a lot of work. My, they have everything on phones these days, don't they".

If any cashier refuses to scan in the codes, refusing to sell products through legitimit channels, that's a problem managment needs to know about.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I used the codes for an Immortal and a Spearhead last Friday. I wanted to try the Immortal but with the mixed reviews and obvious floaties I wasn't keen to buy a sixer. This worked perfectly. The beer was much better than I expected and if it comes in again in a better condition I will for sure buy a few packs! The cashier was happy to ring it through and seemed to think it was really handy that I had the info. Sorry to hear the experience has not been the same for everyone.

PeenSteen:

Thanks for getting this info for us! I hope you keep adding them as they become available.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I bought a single Stereovision on Sunday without any problem. Malty, you should have gone straight to the manager re that rude and ill informed employee.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yep. When I saw broken packs of Green Flash and Elysian Immortal, I bought one each time using the codes I kept in my phone. Cashiers were amazed...
In Beerum Veritas

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Kinda on topic, I saw a single bottle of Sam Adams Latitude on the shelf today and it had it's own card and price and what not. $2.10 if I remember correctly. Meant to take a picture, but oh well. Thought that was interesting.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I bought a single bottle of Founders from a broken pack yesterday. When the salesperson scanned it, it scanned as a six pack. I pointed this out, and he re-scanned it (perhaps also pushing one button or two but definitely not entering a lengthy code) and it came up fine, and at the correct price. So I fail to see what the problem is when other checkout people can't manage this. One of the many mysteries of the LCBO I guess.