Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Need a wheelman for Buffalo beer run

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SlipperyPete

Need a wheelman for Buffalo beer run

Post by SlipperyPete »

Wondering if anybody is planning a 1 day beer trip to Buffalo, or even Michigan on the weekend of April 27-28, or May 4-5, and needs a companion to help with border and gas money, please PM me.

Also note, I plan on buying approx. $400 in beer. It totals out to around 65 bottles. Depending on the location, I'll have the order ready for me.

SlipperyPete

Post by SlipperyPete »

So I thought I'd use Greyhound for my beer run.

Made into Buffalo at 10:30am. Took the train up to University station, then the 34 north until Maple Rd. That took 2 hours.

Grabbed lunch and walked over to Premier Gourmet. Purchased 70 odd bottles of beer. Put them into a 50L backpack and one big ass box. Staff were extremely helpful and prices were good.

Took a taxi back to Bus station in downtown Buffalo. Schlepped box and bag onto and off bus going through customs. Paid duty. Back onto bus, back to city.

Arrived in Toronto at 7:15pm, took a taxi to home in Leslieville.

All in all, I paid $105 for all the transit, and $305.00 for the beer including duty. Would consider doing it again. Not sure what the border fee and gas for making the same trip would cost, but I think it's comparable.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I think your calculations are accurate. Enjoy the fruits of your hard effort.