Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Erdinger @ TBS

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

Erdinger @ TBS

Post by pootz »

Did a quick scan of the beer strores half-assed web site for new imports and I noticed that they will be stocking Erdinger, but in kegs only. Let's hope some local watering holes have the sense to offer this this summer.

The description didn't state if it was the bolnde or dunkle weizen, I would assume it will be the paler heffweizen.
Aventinus rules!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

pootz wrote:The description didn't state if it was the blonde or dunkel weizen, I would assume it will be the paler heffweizen.
The safer, predictable, ho-hum choice... as always.
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

They've got it on tap at the Cadillac Lounge in Parkdale. I was there for dinner last night, and didn't have the Erdinger because I didn't notice it until we were leaving (it's not listed on the menu yet), but I'll be going back soon for a pint. It'll be interesting to compare it to the bottled version that will be part of the LCBO summer release.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

there are better German brewers than Erdinger

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

northyorksammy wrote:there are better German brewers than Erdinger
And your point is ....? :-?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gunny wrote:
And your point is ....? :-?
I think it's great that some brewers of Weizen are pushing for wide distribution on tap - it opens the way for more such beers when that "niche' has formed.

No matter what we get here, there will ALWAYS be better German brewers (and beers that are better in Europe anyways.)
In Beerum Veritas

Manul

Post by Manul »

I've had it in Ottawa on tap at Pub Italia. Thin/flat flavour and unimpressive. I'd rather have a bottle of Hacker or Schneider Weisse anytime.
Last edited by Manul on Wed May 25, 2005 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

If you're in the Bloor West area of Toronto, you can try the Erdinger heffweizen at the Dark Horse. Alternately, the Wood House just down the street on Bloor has Hacker (lager and weisse) on tap as well as fine snitzels!
Lagerale

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

lagerale wrote:If you're in the Bloor West area of Toronto, you can try the Erdinger heffweizen at the Dark Horse. Alternately, the Wood House just down the street on Bloor has Hacker (lager and weisse) on tap as well as fine snitzels!
I think the Wood House may have closed. Can anyone confirm?

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Not in this local market.
Aventinus rules!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I get it on tap here on London. Good stuff, one of my sessions. Nice to see it out in the T dot as well.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!