Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

spinrsx wrote:WYCHWOOD FOREST FRUITS
LCBO 332932 | 500 mL bottle
Price $ 3.50

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/d ... ber=332932
Picked one up today, haven't tried it yet. But note that it doesn't use any actual fruit or even fruit juice. Ingredients read: water, malt, sugar, flavour, hops, yeast.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Random - the very good HISTORIC ALES FROM SCOTLAND 4-pack has emerged with the KELPIE seaweed-flavored version finally included this time. At least I have seen it physically in the store.

JK's rate:
"Murky deep brown pour with a long lasting creamy brown head. Aroma is complex and supple, showing toffee, herbs, vanilla, leather. Taste has great balance of salt, sweet roasty malt, bread, chocolate, and herbal hops. Long late finish is dry, feel is medium."
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

biegaman wrote:
spinrsx wrote:WYCHWOOD FOREST FRUITS
LCBO 332932 | 500 mL bottle
Price $ 3.50

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/d ... ber=332932
Picked one up today, haven't tried it yet. But note that it doesn't use any actual fruit or even fruit juice. Ingredients read: water, malt, sugar, flavour, hops, yeast.
I want me some of that flavour!!

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

spinrsx wrote: Picked one up today, haven't tried it yet. But note that it doesn't use any actual fruit or even fruit juice. Ingredients read: water, malt, sugar, flavour, hops, yeast.
Weird given that the CD on Ratebeer is:

Available from Morrisons supermarkets across the UK.
A traditionally crafted beer, infused with mixed Bramble berries to deliver a truly distinctive, refreshingly fruity flavour to savour

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I picked one up the other day...at first it's not bad...by half-way, it just gets really artificial tasting....

...must be the flavour.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Un-Paralleled Mixed Pack now in stock

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Anyone able to report what's in the Un-paralleled pack?

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Sorry, accidental multiple post.
Last edited by midlife crisis on Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Sorry, accidental multiple post.
Last edited by midlife crisis on Fri May 24, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

An India Pale Lager, something they called a Ruby Ale, which is a hopped red I think, and a British Ale. At least those are the beers I remember them having to sample at the NA craft beer experience.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

midlife crisis wrote:Anyone able to report what's in the Un-paralleled pack?
http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2013/03 ... -schedule/
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Huh, I didn't know the Bear Reuplic Racer 5 IPA was coming to the LCBO. Looking forward to that.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Fullers Reserve 4 is showing stock at Summerhill. I'm going to try to snag a few after work today:

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=334383

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Walked into the Lick-bow to find 6 packs of Guinness Dark Lager, 4.5% alc. Don't think anyone has mentioned it on here. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Guybrush wrote:Walked into the Lick-bow to find 6 packs of Guinness Dark Lager, 4.5% alc. Don't think anyone has mentioned it on here. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Tried to have one tonight but the metallic taste was so overwhelming I had to drain pour. Luckily I only got a single. Might try again on another batch if people seem to like it.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.