Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Loads of 3 Fonteinen at Wilson/Dufferin LCBO, some in the cold beer room, some stacked out in front.

If you're coming down Allen from the north take Transit Road and cross Wilson, Google Maps will have you going down to Yorkdale road and back up Dufferin
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

aser

Post by aser »

all I can say is wow, this is the best sour I've ever had.

bear in mind I haven't tried any of the mythical rare cantillons yet, just the more readily available cantillons at beer bistro.

wow.........going back to buy more of these, can't wait to age them.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

icemachine wrote:Loads of 3 Fonteinen at Wilson/Dufferin LCBO, some in the cold beer room, some stacked out in front.

If you're coming down Allen from the north take Transit Road and cross Wilson, Google Maps will have you going down to Yorkdale road and back up Dufferin
Bought three from this store too...there's lots...hard to decide between two or three bottles. Also, I didn't wait long enough until I was out of the car and some of it gushed. Only lost about 2 oz to the carpet. Good thing lambics don't smell! :P

It's dry, sour, and delicious, but quite drinkable. 3 bottles is probably enough for me...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Soods

Post by Soods »

JeffPorter wrote: Also, I didn't wait long enough until I was out of the car and some of it gushed. Only lost about 2 oz to the carpet. Good thing lambics don't smell! :P
I had mine out of the car and sitting for 2 whole days and I too had a gusher.

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Mine gushed a bit as well....

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

If anyone wants to pick up a few bottles from Toronto and send them my way... :D

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

has anyone from ottawa called rideau/k.e. today?

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

spinrsx wrote:has anyone from ottawa called rideau/k.e. today?
Nope haven't gotten around to it...sorta gotten lazy and ok with it if I don't get any...although still would love a couple :D

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I called, girl checked the computer and told me it wasn't there

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

icemachine wrote:Loads of 3 Fonteinen at Wilson/Dufferin LCBO, some in the cold beer room, some stacked out in front.

Wilson/Dufferin has been kind of an anomaly for releases like this. They often seem to have very large allocations from the seasonal releases and they hang around much longer than at, say, Summerhill. Back when everyone was losing their shit trying to get Orval, Wilson/Dufferin had over 100 bottles just hanging out. Same thing happened with Jewbelation 16.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

spinrsx wrote:I called, girl checked the computer and told me it wasn't there
Interesting that its taking this long. Seems like everyone is getting the same message and that is from last Friday onwards...o well whenever it happens it happens. Just hope everyone gets a bit of 3F love.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

pushkinwow wrote:
spinrsx wrote:I called, girl checked the computer and told me it wasn't there
Interesting that its taking this long. Seems like everyone is getting the same message and that is from last Friday onwards...o well whenever it happens it happens. Just hope everyone gets a bit of 3F love.
I don't think this is taking any longer than usual. In fact, for some odd reason, I have noticed that most of these releases get to Ottawa before they get to Mississauga. I wouldn't be surprised to see this pop up in a couple of other stores in the coming days.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

All 12 in Guelph are gone/on hold. 10 bottles (of 24) left on shelf in Uptown Waterloo as of when I left at 1pm (with a bottle for myself, of course!).

Thanks to Matt in Cambridge for the offer though!!! Great community we have here!
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

ChrisK wrote:Same thing happened with Jewbelation 16.
...which they still have, btw...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

ChrisK wrote:

Wilson/Dufferin has been kind of an anomaly for releases like this. They often seem to have very large allocations from the seasonal releases and they hang around much longer than at, say, Summerhill. Back when everyone was losing their shit trying to get Orval, Wilson/Dufferin had over 100 bottles just hanging out. Same thing happened with Jewbelation 16.
Their beer room is insane (by our standards, at least). Why does it have to be up at Dufferin and Wilson?