Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

ChrisK wrote:The manager I spoke with at Wilson/Dufferin while picking mine up said his beer manager was trying to order in more 3F from the warehouse. Take this as you will but, he said if there was any more it could possibly arrive this coming Friday. I would advise against bombarding them with phone calls, though.
There are zero bottles left in the warehouse....if you don't have any you are probably SOL

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Curious....if the shipment is 600+ bottles, does a portion of that go directly to licensees? I don't think there were ever 600 of those that hit shelves, so I'm wondering if they get snapped up by bars, etc beforehand?

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

mixedup wrote:Curious....if the shipment is 600+ bottles, does a portion of that go directly to licensees? I don't think there were ever 600 of those that hit shelves, so I'm wondering if they get snapped up by bars, etc beforehand?
It's on Barvolo's bottle menu now, so I would assume yes.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I guess I had better try to pick this beer up sooner than later..

FULLER'S CASK RESERVE #4
LCBO 334383 | 500 mL bottle
PRODUCT DISCONTINUED*

It's only appeared at 1 store in Ottawa

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

admviolin wrote:
mixedup wrote:Curious....if the shipment is 600+ bottles, does a portion of that go directly to licensees? I don't think there were ever 600 of those that hit shelves, so I'm wondering if they get snapped up by bars, etc beforehand?
Well when they first started showing stock barVolo tweeted about looking for these bottles, so I don't think they got any directly.
barVolo ‏@barVolo 31 May

On a hunt across town for these bad boys pic.twitter.com/2cvuEYnsgy
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

icemachine wrote:
admviolin wrote:
Well when they first started showing stock barVolo tweeted about looking for these bottles, so I don't think they got any directly.
barVolo ‏@barVolo 31 May

I read that, too...which makes me wonder what happened to the other 200+ or so bottles...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

mixedup wrote:
I read that, too...which makes me wonder what happened to the other 200+ or so bottles...
Perhaps Volo found a bunch of bottles the day they were released? Remember, the way that the LCBO inventory system works, any beer that is purchased on the same day it arrives at a store never shows up in inventory.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wonder how much volo charges for it

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Grand River Tailset Ginger Ale now in stores

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Just seen that Creemore Sunny and Share Siason 473's are coming to TBS along with Mad and Noisy Nuts and Bolts

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lecocq wrote:Creemore Sunny and Share...
Oooh... nice skiing reference given that it's a Collingwood brewery.

"I can't ski, Babe." - Sonny Bono's awkward celebrity death (where the heck was John Malkovich with his magical healing scarf?)
In Beerum Veritas

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

icemachine wrote:
admviolin wrote:
barVolo ‏@barVolo 31 May

Perhaps, but after seeing a photo of their cellar on twitter, I'd almost believe they were just looking for a few more bottles on top of their order.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Rochefort 8 now showing stock (not for long at that price!)

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

2.55!!!! :o :o
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Okanagan Summer Craft 6 pack. #336917 Contains 2 x Okanagan Pale Ales, 2 x 1516 lagers, and 2 x very delicious Apricot Summer Weizens!! Going to be buying lots of these 6 packs just to drink the Apricots, not to thrilled about the other 2 beers. Man, that Apricot is delicious, had it on tap at a bunch of places, sooooo different than St. Ambroise Apricto Wheat, so much much better!