Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Highlander Brewing Co. - Twisted Spruce: no spruce, no twist

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Guybrush

Highlander Brewing Co. - Twisted Spruce: no spruce, no twist

Post by Guybrush »

Tried this one last night. If it had said "regular beer" on the side of the bottle, it would have tasted great, but it didn't. The label clearly stated it was 'twisted spruce', so I expected 2 things; some spruce from the spruce tips they brewed with it, and a twist! Neither were present.

Your thoughts?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Bomber from the lcbo. Pours golden with a small white head. Nose of raw honey. The flavour is not nearly as sweet as the nose would suggest. No spruce, no hops, blah blah blah

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Too bad, considering the Scottish Ale is decent.

I have to say, though, this talk making me crave that Garrison Spruce Beer. :P
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Heh, I had this with dinner and I thought pretty much the same as Guybrush. As a blonde ale, it's pretty good; as a spruce beer... well it's not a spruce beer, even if they pointed some spruce tips at the vat in a threatening manner.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

Yup. Pretty much how I feel about this one, too. Not bad, but no twist and no spruce. Unless the twist is that there's no spruce. :o