Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Railway City Canada Southern Draft

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Railway City Canada Southern Draft

Post by matt7215 »

473ml can from the lcbo. Clear, straw yellow in colour, with a white head that lasts and laces. Well hopped, all malt locally made low abv pils. Really nice stuff. Will drink boatloads.

A nice surprise from this brewer, does anyone know if this is another local option that is contract brewed at Wellington?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

If it's cans, it's Wellington.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:If it's cans, it's Wellington.
That's what I assumed. This one has a lot more genuine lager character then the prison break pils made with kolsch yeast.

If this pilsner is made with ale yeast its truly impressively disguised as a true lager.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Seems I was mistaken. According to this article Railway now has a canning line: http://eatdrink.ca/crafting-a-brighter- ... st-thomas/
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

hush

Post by hush »

Railway City relocated to a much larger facility in St Thomas. I went there a couple of days after they moved and they indicated they were going to repatriate their Wellington brewing. They didn't have much there when I was in, but the cream they were making for Bell City wasn't bad.