Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2013 - October 19 & 20

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Cask Days 2013 - October 19 & 20

Post by atomeyes »

perplexed that no one's posted anything, considering that it will probably sell out within a week of tickets being put on sale.

http://caskdays.com/

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Have to make sure we get our own tickets first... :wink:

Interesting to see a full weekend ticket.
lister

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Got a Sat. afternoon ticket. Very excited for the 36 British Cask feature
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

CONFIRMED BREWERIES

U.K FEATURE // Harbour Brewery // Hilden Brewery // Arran Brewery // Beavertown Brewery // Signature Brew // Thornbridge Brewery // Ridgeway Brewing // Monty's Brewery // Wells & Young // Magic Rock Brewery // Box Steam Brewery // Ikkley Brewery // Crate Brewery // Redemption // Siren Craft // St Austell // Arbor Ales // Hand Drawn Monkey // Roosters Brewery // Black Jack Beers // Wild Beer Co. // Tiny Rebel // Red Willow // Summer Wine // London Fields // Moor Beer // Daniel Thwaites // Quantock

I wonder if they'll be one or two tokens each to try. Hopefully everything is one token this year, at 2.50 a token, 2 tokens is the equivalent of a 20 dollar beer.

Does anyone know anything about any of those breweries? My knowledge of the UK craft scene is pretty limited.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

We have had beer's from a few of these breweries in the LCBO - Well's & Young's has the Well's Bombardier & Young's Double Chocolate, Thornbridge Kipling & Jaipur, Box Steam has had a Funnel Blower and Dark & Handsome
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I am pumped for UK casks - where is the link for those breweries?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

squeaky wrote: U.K FEATURE // Harbour Brewery // Hilden Brewery // Arran Brewery // Beavertown Brewery // Signature Brew // Thornbridge Brewery // Ridgeway Brewing // Monty's Brewery // Wells & Young // Magic Rock Brewery // Box Steam Brewery // Ikkley Brewery // Crate Brewery // Redemption // Siren Craft // St Austell // Arbor Ales // Hand Drawn Monkey // Roosters Brewery // Black Jack Beers // Wild Beer Co. // Tiny Rebel // Red Willow // Summer Wine // London Fields // Moor Beer // Daniel Thwaites // Quantock
Shut the front door!

There's already a bazillion reasons to attend, but this is the icing on the cake.

*races over to buy tickets*
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I got the weekend pass. It sounds like its going to be an amazing weekend.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Won a pair of tix for Sunday afternoon from TBW facebook page.

I know it'll pretty well picked over by then, but I'm looking forward to it as I've never attended before.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

kafercrazy wrote:Won a pair of tix for Sunday afternoon from TBW facebook page.

I know it'll pretty well picked over by then, but I'm looking forward to it as I've never attended before.
They usually stop serving popular beers part-way through the other sessions to make sure it lasts for everyone.

Last year I tried to sample roughly in order from light to dark, only to find that the best heavy dark stuff had been cut off to preserve it. This year I'm just going to drink what sounds best first.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

This year they've asked us for 2 casks of the same beer. Assuming they've done that with everyone, I think there will be less chance to running out this year.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I believe there was mention somewhere of them adding new beers at each session? Don't quote me on that though.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

JerCraigs wrote:I believe there was mention somewhere of them adding new beers at each session? Don't quote me on that though.
I think it was on their twitter feed. I believe 15 new casks for each session is what I read.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Anyone from KW/Guelph/Cambridge area planning to go? Would like to attend, but trying to work out travel arrangements.