Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Smithworks Brewery

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Swampale

Smithworks Brewery

Post by Swampale »

Our local Peterborough paper says that the Smithworks Brewery wants to purchase the former Kawartha Lakes Brewery site which was bought by Amsterdam Brewing a few years ago. They will "sell by the glass". What does that mean? It is situated in an industrial area. I didn't dig up much about the brewery.
TaxFreeBeerTastesBetter

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Swampale wrote:Our local Peterborough paper says that the Smithworks Brewery wants to purchase the former Kawartha Lakes Brewery site which was bought by Amsterdam Brewing a few years ago. They will "sell by the glass". What does that mean? It is situated in an industrial area. I didn't dig up much about the brewery.
http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ ... ewery-site

http://www.agco.on.ca/forms/en/1222_a.pdf

It's basically a tasting room.
saintjohnswort.ca

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I can't see how that could be profitable over the long term unless that license also allows for keg sales
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

icemachine wrote:I can't see how that could be profitable over the long term unless that license also allows for keg sales
I think that the tasting room license is usually like a secondary, additional kind of license. Manufacturer's license is more or less a given.
saintjohnswort.ca

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

I emailed them with some questions on their new brewery. It got bounced back. Not a good sign. I drove by it and didn't see any signs up or any activity at all.
TaxFreeBeerTastesBetter