Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

St. Peter's Winter Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

St. Peter's Winter Ale

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Full-bodied, delicious English beer. Not sure of the style, maybe a winter Burton? It could even pass as a porter. Very tasty though. The English at their best are masters at the art, still.

Gary
Gary Gillman

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I liked this a lot... unfortunately I've never seen it in bc.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Man, one of my first beer loves.

I never (never!) buy enough of this stuff and regret it every single year.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

I tried this winter ale a few years ago and loved it, but haven't seen it since. Real tasty and not all spiced up like a lot of domestic warmers. Apparently it's in stock at my local LCBO; I'll have to grab a few bottles while it's available.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

One of my absolute faves. Very happy this seems to have established itself as a regular on the Holiday release list.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

One of the best beers at the LCBO for this time of year. Always buy multiples.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

I was unimpressed with this beer when I first tried it 4 years ago but based on the reviews here I will revisit to see if my impressions have changed.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Drink only lightly chilled or room temperature.

Gary
Gary Gillman

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

I had one yesterday. Wow! The roasted barley really comes out. Love the shape of the bottle too. It will soon have homebrew in it.
TaxFreeBeerTastesBetter

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Cracking one now and I'm sorry to say I think this year's stock is past its prime. Guess I held it too long. Still good, but not as outstanding as I remember from previous years. Brewed on F-24-13, so understandable -- just over seven months old at this point.