Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A day of XX Tempest & Adventure Brews at Amsterdam BrewH

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I take it back, maybe 30 people in line.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
squeaky wrote:There's no line and they have 60 cases. I don't think you'll have to rush.
Leaside or Queens Quay?
It's at the Brewhouse, Queen's Quay.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Brewery guy said 4 at the brewpub. Man, that info would have bwen awesome when I decided where to drive, 2 hours ago.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
squeaky wrote:There's no line and they have 60 cases. I don't think you'll have to rush.
Leaside or Queens Quay?
QQ.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Looks like the flights are 3 tempests and a double. 5 oz each, pretty good for 12$

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I would guess about 20 cases left at QQ.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

So I'm sitting in my course and saw my darling wife in that line up at qq on the Facebook feed clearly trying to snag me a bottle for Xmas what are the chances she got some? The pic was taken at around 2. She the one in the black coat orange stroller. She's so awesome!

"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

nickw

Post by nickw »

She definitely would have gotten some; I'm the guy in the green jacket there and there were many cases left.

aofe

Post by aofe »

I was at Leaside around 3:45. There were still plenty of bottles left. Absolutely no lineup. They went back to the 4 bottle limit.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

nickw wrote:She definitely would have gotten some; I'm the guy in the green jacket there and there were many cases left.
Awesome...guess I need to act surprised. I love her so much! Sorry to brag but she drove from Brampton with a two year old to get that...

Nick did you notice if my daughter was behaving in line or getting fussy? Anyway looking forward to hearing how it is...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Soods

Post by Soods »

Your daughter wasn't in line, she was inside with one of your wife's girlfriends. Your wife was in line right in front of me. :D

Funny she went for the cans of 416 instead of the XX. Guess she knows what you like. :D

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I went for lunch (and the vertical flight) expecting a huge line. On my way to the washroom I decided to go to the retail shop and grab a few bottles...no lines, no problem, lots left.

My only disappointment was the flight glasses were barely half full, and the 7oz XX tempest was not available (despite being on the menu)

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Soods wrote:Your daughter wasn't in line, she was inside with one of your wife's girlfriends. Your wife was in line right in front of me. :D

Funny she went for the cans of 416 instead of the XX. Guess she knows what you like. :D
Hilarious...

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

aofe wrote:I was at Leaside around 3:45. There were still plenty of bottles left. Absolutely no lineup. They went back to the 4 bottle limit.
Are you fucking kidding me? I mean I'm happy I got the one bottle, but what a way to screw over the people who showed up on time
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

If anyone can grab me two bottles I would sell you my soul. I'm living at work and really won't have time to pick any up. I'll paypal you the money and give you a special beer treat!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"